IGNORED

Seat Options 280Z

ArcticFoxCJ

My project has no passenger seat (or rails) and the driver's seat has seen much better days.  I'm just going to replace the set but I don't want to wind up with seats that are too wide for the space.

Anybody have any wisdom to share?  Not looking to do racing type seats, but something comfy but sporty.  I remember liking the high back seats in my old 280ZX.

11 hours ago, ArcticFoxCJ said:

I remember liking the high back seats in my old 280ZX.

Hi, you must be not too big then because i really hated them when driving one time with a friends car.. they are much to high when your over 6 feet. I was hitting the roof BIG time..

Look around on your Crags list or what's it called.. you find something.. look for a seat that's adjustable.  I have a special made seat in my 240z and they can be bought for small money second hand overhere..  

Just measure the floor to roof and you know what seat will fit there..

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dutchzcarguy said:

Hi, you must be not too big then because i really hated them when driving one time with a friends car.. they are much to high when your over 6 feet. I was hitting the roof BIG time..

Look around on your Crags list or what's it called.. you find something.. look for a seat that's adjustable.  I have a special made seat in my 240z and they can be bought for small money second hand overhere..  

Just measure the floor to roof and you know what seat will fit there..

Well the problem is I'm big in terms of height and width.  The stock seat seems like it was about right, but since I have to replace it and the missing one, it's an opportunity for an upgrade.  I read somewhere once that the width in 280Zs was a problem because many aftermarket seats are too wide for the available room.

I’m running 350z seats in my car . I couldn’t do the stock seats for my back . I think they would fit about anyone . I’m almost 6’2 but very thin . Bolstering is more than a stock seat . Adaptation of seat rails is required 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, madkaw said:

I’m running 350z seats in my car . I couldn’t do the stock seats for my back . I think they would fit about anyone . I’m almost 6’2 but very thin . Bolstering is more than a stock seat . Adaptation of seat rails is required 

What did you have to do to adapt them?  Did you modify the original rails or are they from the 350Z?

Hi,

In 2020 I replaced my original 240Z seats with Subaru BRZ seats.  Here is the link:

Selling my Z this spring/summer, so will put the "near perfect" seats back in the car.  I'm assuming the new owner would want original over replacement.

Good Luck, Nate

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't have a big A**e.. 🤣  and do have a "rallycar 240z" set of seats from the german fabricator König.. they make seats for bulldozers and tractors and busses, cars you name it!  But i stilll haven't installed them yet.. maybe when i restore the 240z again haha..

Maybe someone sat in them twice haha came out of a showmodell car.

005.JPG

007.JPG

010.JPG

Edited by dutchzcarguy
  • Like 1

So my son talked me into reupholstering the driver's seat, and adding a seat we found on eBay for the passenger's side from a 260Z.  It all wound up costing more than a set of seats new, but I guess at least we keep the stock seats which are flat enough.  I'll post pics when we get it done!

• Like 1