IGNORED

AC fuse keeps blowing

Wally

Guys

I am lost here. I was putting my AC console all back together and AC did work when it used to just a day ago. When i turn the switch...nothing.

In image 2, this came loose. Looks to me like a ground? Also it comes from wire harness that connects to AC switch.

I found a hidden fuse i didnt know existed. It was blown, photo 1, numbered 3. I had ignition on and the above shown wire in photo 2 not grounded. I put a new fuse in, it got orange hot and blew. I turned ignition off. I grounded that wire, hopefully right thing to do? I then put in another fuse. It blew too. 

Any thoughts. btw, i have 2 connectors number 1 and 2 that dont go to anything. curious what they are. will start trying to look it up, but if anyone knows would appreciate it.

1.PNG

2.jpg

Edited by Wally

Do you actually have an aftermarket AC, or are you calling the fan AC? Unless you have a JDM car, you don't have stock AC.

Always supply the wire colors going to a connector. That helps to identify it more easily. 

As for the wire you're holding, that isn't a typical lug for Nissan wiring, and brown/white isn't a 240Z wire color.

I bought an AC kit from zcd. i think vintage air made it. All new. Had it professionally installed. was working fine. 

i took panel off to get to instrument panel. when i was done i put things back on like they were. AC wouldnt work. Thats when i started investigating and found those

fuse back there kept blowing. The wire i am holding is black... the small red arrow is where its located in the harness.

Here is another image with color of wires clear

IMG_4710.jpg

okay. i cant tell from this image you attached as easily as the one i did...but there are 2 inline fuses right beside each other. 

If the one thats blowing is the fan would that stop any activity from the AC and blower? Because nothing is happening.

1 hour ago, Wally said:

I was putting my AC console all back together and AC did work when it used to just a day ago.

Most likely is a short to ground from a pinched wire.  It would be between the load and the power source.  Even if you determine exactly what device is powered you'll still have to examine the wires you touched for breaks in the insulation.  Might be most effective to take things back apart and look for a damaged wire.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

Most likely is a short to ground from a pinched wire.  

I agree. i have things back apart. i found a climate control harness that looks new for $40. i am going to start with that. hopefully the damaged wire is in that