IGNORED

Thermostatic Valve needed...any idea where to get one?

z3beemer

I'm in the process of removing the carbs and intake from my 72 engine and rebuilding and installing the round tops on my 73 240z restoration.  (also so removing most all the emissions stuff).  I noticed a cooling line that runs from the water outlet housing thru the intakes and back to the coolant return line. I noticed a valve on the exit of the cooling line.  Thought maybe it was a check valve.  After doing some research I discovered it's a thermostatic valve that shuts off coolant flow once it reaches 150 degrees. Unfortunately, it is broken.  Any idea where I can get one or does anyone have one I can buy?  I believe the Nissan part number is 14100-E8850 (not 100% sure of the PN) but when I run it, it shows discontinued. Tried most the aftermarket sources but nothing listed.  Photo attached (note the threaded part is broke off in the manifold.

DSC03637.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

Well zKars was kind enough to send me what he had and I was to get one of them to kind of work, so I'll be installing that one.  It never did completely close off but did reduce flow thru the valve.  Maybe that's the way it's supposed to work.  It took a temperature higher than 175 degrees F to change state, but it is what it is.  Hopefully performance won't be too greatly affected.  

• Like 3