IGNORED

What body paint color to go with

MH77280Z

Guys, planning to get the car repainted. Original was blue-ish. Previous owner painted dark yellow over it.

I am thinking all out black this time. Can you share yous rides pictures for me to decide? especially any experience painting recently which you can share.

Color is always tough.  Is your car stock, lightly modified, or flaired and highly modified?  A '77 280Z with stocl bumpers,  14" wheels and factory hubcaps will look very different than a lowered small bumper car with wide wheels and tires and a spoiler.  If you have ZG flairs, then you might want to go with a different color on the flairs than the body.  IMO, stock colors look better on stock cars, while modified cars tend to accept different colors very well.

I don't particularly like black unless you have an original '78 Black Pearl.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Mine is stock 77 with stock bumpers. Had also stock 14in wheels and hub caps. I was also thinking with stock setup may be a nitro yellow. Toyota Supra has that shade. Yellow was looking good with stock setup.

also I don’t think these wheels which I like would be a good fit with stock bumpers.

Anyone running these wheels on their Datsun?

FEF75EE9-CD75-4ACA-9289-320A62F90998.jpeg

Edited by MH77280Z