IGNORED

Dumb De Dumb Dumb

1 Bravo 6

:stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid:

Did I get a bloody fright yesterday !!!

Loaded the golf clubs into Precious and off to the course. Played 18 holes then headed for home.

The old girl was reluctant to start. All the way home she's missing, coughing and sluggish.

It gets dark and starts to drizzle rain. Lights are dim and yellow. Wipers are just barely moving. I'm concerned.

Turn into the driveway and the engine dies. Won't restart. Just clicks. Bloody hell !!! I'm WORRIED.

Trouble light lead is just long enough to reach from the power point in the garage to the engine bay.

Can't find anything obviously wrong. Everything seems O.K.

Check everything a second time. A third time. Time to scratch the head. Now at this point I'm beginning to see dollar signs flying off into the sunset.

She who hears all, sees all and bloody knows all walks up, has a quick look around and says, "Is this supposed to be like that??".

Biting my tongue and clamping my lips together so I couldn't say what I wanted to say, I reconnected the lead to the positive battery terminal, started Precious up and drove her into the garage.

Talk about feeling like a fool !!!

That was the first thing I should have checked.

As the saying goes, There's no fool like an old fool.

Rick.

mate,

I had a similar experience that is equally as stupid. It was about 11.30pm on a saturday night, my 73' 240Z is immaculately cleaned, it is bloody cold as hell, and as we all now the old engines love the crisp air so I am out racing around have a bit of a hoon. Pull up in a service station where a few onlookers have agnder at the beast, and as i return i have a chat and they wanna here it take off. So i get in.... and click.... click... nothing. after getting out, looking everywhere (or so i thought). I had given up (as i wipe the ice off my nose) and about to ring my old man when i look over that the positive terminal hanging off the battery due to the battery clamp having come off.... lovely..

I did give it a big rev on the way out... but the damage had been done.. :)

:stupid: oh well.... keep smiling dudes...

I had just put in my 275 hp. 3.0L into my 240Z. (big bucks).. I punched it at a light to show someone "this ain't stock!", when it felt like a cylinder went!!! I pulled over thinking the worst. I about passed out when I noticed that one of the spark plug has just popped off of the distributer.

LOL...

When I just bought my car a few weeks ago, well a month ago, I was about leave school (High School :)) and some kids were like, hey how does that thing sound?

I was like, I'll show ya, and I jumped in my seat and tried to start the car.... turn the key... nothing.

After about 5 minutes they left and I was frantic checking all the battery terminal's, fuses, etc and I was about to kick my car.

After about 15 minutes.. I looked down at the shifter.. (it's an automatic) and I didn't move it 100% into the P(ark) position, disable-ing the starter :(

I moved it into Park completly and took off. Man I felt dumb.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

I've had the same thing happen Rick, except I wasited around for an hour until dad could come and look. He connected up the battery again and off we went. Good one... but I have the excuse that I didn't know any better - you're supposed to be old and wise ROFL

Same thing happened with my 240K as proxalamus, I drove it home from the old lady's house grinning and then parked it - not 5 minutes later I got my brother to come out to have a look, and it wouldn't start. I was beginning to get really angry until dad (again) pushed the T-bar up a smidgen more to the proper "P" position. :stupid:

What would I do without the old man, eh?

ROFLLOLROFLLOL

Thanks to you all for your replies. I don't feel like such a silly old fool now.

LACHLAN,

Your statement, What would I do without the old man, eh? is very true.

My son is 36 y.o. lives in Brisbane and still rings me for advice.

Hope he always does.

Even when you DON'T need his advice, ask for it anyway. You don't have to TAKE the advice but it'll make him feel good.

MicksZ,

Don't worry about your grammar mate, you get the point across, that's what's important.

Dwight,

Why w- w- wo- wor- (poop) have employment when I can play golf ???? I'm an OLD FART mate, retired from the workforce.

If I'm not playing golf i'm paddling around with one of my hobies or working on Precious.

You ALL may now turn green with envy.

Rick.

Originally posted by 1 Bravo 6

Why w- w- wo- wor- (poop) have employment when I can play golf ???? I'm an OLD FART mate, retired from the workforce.

If I'm not playing golf i'm paddling around with one of my hobies or working on Precious.

You ALL may now turn green with envy.

That's the trouble with you retired guys, you're always rubbing it in to those of us who aren't retired.

sign me, Green Carl

:stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid:

Hhhhmmmm, yes,---Bambikiller just might look O.K. in a nice shade of lime green.

As for retirement mate, I've been at my son and any young bloke who'll listen to me to sock as much as they can afford into superannuation NOW so that they'll be ABLE to retire with security.

As for that little mishap with the loose positive battery lead,

I wouldn't have felt so bad about it if "She who is expert at finding faults" hadn't been the one to discover the loose lead.

It'll be a while before she lets me forget it.

Wreck, er, that is, Rick.