IGNORED

Cowl rust blasting

MH77280Z

On 10/5/2022 at 11:11 AM, 240ZBUILTBYME said:

Your dash looks pretty cracked, why not remove and have it reskinned? big job though if you arent doing a full restoration.

Yes - this is on the to-do list at the end probably when i will also replace the windshield rubber seal - guess it will be easy when the dash will be out of the way.

6 hours ago, MH77280Z said:

Update ... finally hood, fenders and front body panels on.

I have yet to install the main door seal which goes around the main doors.

One quick question on these hood to fender bumpers ... I have the front round ones near the firewall/cowl area and they are great and dont let the hood vibrate. I can bring the hood down and slowly push it in to lock. But when I put these 4 fender bumpers I cannot do that anymore, I had to bang the hood down fairly hard to latch. I am not liking that, so far I had removed these 4 and feeling ok. Thoughts?

If you don't need all 4 then try one or two, you could also shave them down a bit so they are not dragging on the paint of the hood side lip. Also, sometimes you can rub the contact areas with the end of an old paraffin wax candle.