IGNORED

Space saver tire

MH77280Z

Has anyone put the SST in the trunk inflated? I tried putting air in it while on ground and that thing was bubbling up like crazy and i had to stop. I dont want to rely on a canister and i dont have one either.

The only spec which fit the tire well at the back is 195/40/R14 and that tire done exist ...

Sorry yes i am trying to put an always inflated tire on this rim and also making sure it actually fit in the trunk. Anything bigger than 20in diameter with tire on wont fit in the space provide, thats why i quoted 195/40R14

Edited by MH77280Z

Not really sure what you're asking, but if it's "has anyone managed to fit an always inflated spare into a 77-78 Z?" then the answer is "Yes."

https://www.classiczcars.com/forums/topic/55424-always-inflated-mini-donut-spare-for-7778/

https://www.classiczcars.com/forums/topic/61903-280z-space-saver-spare-tire-replacement/

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

Not really sure what you're asking, but if it's "has anyone managed to fit an always inflated spare into a 77-78 Z?" then the answer is "Yes."

https://www.classiczcars.com/forums/topic/55424-always-inflated-mini-donut-spare-for-7778/

https://www.classiczcars.com/forums/topic/61903-280z-space-saver-spare-tire-replacement/

Your pictures are broken Captain.

Continental SportContact 195/40 R14

This seems out of stock but this should go on the stock SST rim and walla - it will also fit the space in the hatch.

I am currently running stock 195/70R14 on all 4 wheels.

If I cannot find one had to resort to @Captain Obvioussolution.

Edited by MH77280Z

7 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

Yeah, I know. Photobucket sucks.

Some of them have been reloaded in the second thread.

After my comment I followed the other link and saw the updated posts, thanks.

The car looks so ghetto with the temporary spare on it.  😆

MH77280Z, Good luck finding a 195/40/14. I took a quick look at tirerack for that size (or something else that might work), and came up with nothing. Good luck with the search.

And note that the project I went through becomes easier if you are willing to deal with a space saver that will only fit on the rear. If you're willing to deal with that, then you can find spares right out of the junkyard that would work. I went the extra mile with swapping rims around, but if you don't want to do that, there are ways around it.

8 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

Ghetto?? What are you talking about???  LOL

P1060520.JPG

Reminds me of the cars you see running on the space saver spare, clearly marked “TEMPORARY USE ONLY”, and the tread is nearly worn off because the car owner is either too cheap to get their flat fixed, or too poor, as they are from the ghetto.

Of course your car looks a damn sight nicer than those clapped out slag heaps seen sporting a worn out temporary spare, and we all know it would be a certain assumption that in your case it was indeed temporary, and your nice looking Z was promptly returned to a more presentable condition, rolling on 4 matched tires and wheels.

4 minutes ago, MH77280Z said:

May be this has been answered in CO post. T115/70/14 wont fit the stock rims which the SST is on?

It might fit the wheel, but a 70 series tire will have too large a diameter to fit in the spare tire well in the car.

• Agree 1