IGNORED

‘77 280z signal fuse keeps blowing up

240zadmire

I cleaned the pins more thorough and replaced the flasher with this one

CEC Industries EF32RL Flasher https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JXLH7CG?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

the flasher sound more noticeable 🙂

turn max air flow for heater, the ac fuse still warm but can be touch.  The fuel gauge is much less heat, which is good.  The fusible link is about 100F.  
turn on AC full blast and the AC and fuel gauge fuse is a tad warmer but still touchable.  All other fuses similar room temperature and the good part is flasher fuse hasn’t blown yet.  I’ll keep an eye on this for couple more days and see. 

at some point I probably upgrade the air blower to the Honda Civic or Kia Sportage ad many recommended.

stay tuned folk.

• Like 1

I'm happy to report that the flasher's fuse hasn't blown yet.  I'm not sure exactly where the culprit(s) were, but I did 2 things that might compliment one another that fixed my issue.

1. Clean the connector (6 wires connector) for the AC blower as it has greenish build up.

2. Replace the flasher as mentioned above -- the flasher might be on its way out that might cause the fuse to blow intermittently.  Who knows 😉

Beside the flasher fuse stop blowing, the new flasher actually is very good.  I'm able to hear the clicking sound without looking at the dash to know if the turn signal is engaged 😉

Let put this at issue at rest for now.  Highly recommend the flasher above if you need some reaffirmed that the signal is engaged.

Brand new issue is coming on new thread shortly 😉

Thank you everyone for a superb help.

regards

Edited by 240zadmire
  • Like 1

The volt indicator needle used to dance at idle when  the turn signal or hazard switch is on.  After replaced the flasher and possibly coincident clean up the connector, the volt indicator needle still dance, but barely noticeable.

This is probably a remedy instead of the cure.  But I hope I'm lucky.

When I took the driving test, the proctor asked how to use hand signal to turn left, right... that was 100 years ago.  I've been using hand signals lately.   Hopefully other drivers don't get offended and mistaken that I gave them the middle finger, especially turning right [emoji6]
I bet gen XYZ don't even understand what is the meaning of roll down the windows let alone use hand signals. hahahahahaha 
It's the flasher 10A fuse for the left, right turn.  You pulling my legs!!!! glad you pay attention to the details.

Reading this thread because after getting my turn signals to work they’re once again not working. Hazards are good but no turn signals. Gonna check the fuse I guess.
So as far as hand signals, I’ve been using them too. The last time I’ve was given the bird was in Philly. That’s SOP up there, sorry Bruce [emoji1787]. So I’m not worried about it.
Where I live people never toss that out.
  • Like 2

I went through about 10 fuses for the flasher to get it "working".  It probably coincident, but who knows.   After 3 cleanup of the multi-switch and thoroughly clean/sand the AC connector air blower, replace the flasher and it's been working almost a week.  I've been driving it daily.  Cross my fingers! AND there is no more heat at the fuses box anymore.  The fuses in the fuse box have similar cool temperature.  The fusible link still warm.  Probably there are other connectors that need deep cleaning of the greenish stuff.

If you haven't replace the flasher, I highly recommend to get the flasher above.  You can hear the peaceful ticking in the video below.  Don't pay attention to the oil gauge.  It will be addressed soon, I hope.  Rest assure the oil is splashing on the camshaft lobes.

Edited by 240zadmire

10 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

And remember to take pics in 93 and 94 miles!   LOL

Yep, glad you noticed.  My car is getting younger.  It found the youth fountain!   Hopefully I can claim the car has been garage kept over the last 45 years.  Only driven few miles.  Like this one. https://350mile280z.com/ hahahahaha