IGNORED

Clutch Won't Disengage

adivin

New day, new saga.  I put in a new flywheel, clutch, pressure plate, and throw out bearing.  The master cylinder and slave cylinder are also new.  When I put the car into gear, with engine not running, and depress the clutch, I cannot roll the car.  Apparently, the clutch is not disengaging.  I adjusted the slave cylinder quite a bit also.  What am I missing?  Attached is a video of the slave cylinder in action.  

17 minutes ago, adivin said:

I adjusted the slave cylinder quite a bit also. 

More?

What brand of flywheel?  The Fidanza sticks sometimes.

p.s. did you measure the stack height of the flywheel and throwout bearing?  92 mm.  A very common error, mismatching the parts.

Edited by Zed Head

33 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

More?

What brand of flywheel?  The Fidanza sticks sometimes.

p.s. did you measure the stack height of the flywheel and throwout bearing?  92 mm.  A very common error, mismatching the parts.

Funny you ask that.  It is a Fidanza and Southbend clutch.  I did attempt to take some measurements, not really knowing what I was measuring.  I have a pic, I don't know if it's useful or not.  Also this is a 72 240Z.

Throw out bearing.jpg

11 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

Here's a Fidanza thread and a 92 mm thread, with some good clutch fork measurements from EuroDat.

The Fidanza thread is a few years old.  The instructions they now give are to completely remove the green coating, which i did.

Uh oh.  Take that measurement that EuroDat shows.  It will tell you if the throwout bearing is close.  I have posted an measurement from the bolt head also.  Not sure if it's in that thread or not.  Yours seems a bit far away.  Could be a short TOB sleeve.

image.png

image.png

Ok, here is my measurement.  EuroDat's spec is 115mm.  My measurement seems to be 120mm.  This somewhat coincides with my stack height of aprox 88mm.  I'm about 5mm away from both methods of measurement.  The bigger color is 12mm taller I believe.  This is frustrating for sure.

slave meas.jpg

4 hours ago, Zed Head said:

Extend the rod.

By extend the rod, do you mean adjust the nut out on the slave?  On my video, I had the nut adjusted to about 3/4 of the rod length.  What do think about my measurements?

1 hour ago, Patcon said:

Are you sure it's bled properly?

In my first post, I included a video of the slave cylinder while depressing the clutch.  It appears I am getting the full range of motion from the slave cylinder, so I think the master cylinder is doing its job.  What do you think?