IGNORED

Z store 72 240????

2ManyZs

I noticed today that someone has a 72 240 up for auction. They claim it is a Z-Store restoration. The car has a non-factory stereo, with six speakers (wonder what they hacked up to mount the speakers), it has a late 280z hood, and looks like Western turbine wheels.

I wonder if this is what they claim it is?? I would not bid on the car without seeing paperwork to verify it. Why would someone pay the high price for a quality restoration like that and mess it up?? I think it even said it had a sun-roof!

No accounting for taste!!

I saw that too! It also has an after market steering wheel, after market shifter. The front valance is beat up. The bumper overriders are missing .and I also noted the 280 hood. Do you think it had front end damage at one time? I really can't see anyone paying 25K for one of those and then changing parts on it. I also noted that the seller has no rating under that name.

I'll pass on that one!

-Dale-

Well, I look at the pictures a little better. It doesn't have a sunroof, I thought I saw one when I looked at it the first time. I noticed the steering wheel, bumper overrider missing on the front, etc. Did you notice the later model carpet on the trans tunnel? Or the hacked in speakers in the door panels? The antenna doesn't look original either. I hope his "collector" has "more dollars than cents"!!!

People like that are what makes the rest of us look bad!! I will admit I have seem some nice cars on ebay, this never will be one of them!

Someone is going to get ripped off on that car!!! They have bid it up to 5,100 already. That's about all it's worth in my opinion since it isn't almost certainly NOT a Z Store car. Every time I have looked at it I find more things that would not have been done by the Z store. This may be a fairly decent RESTIFICATION but not a proper RESTORATION!!!

More things wrong: Winshield wiper arms are black 280 arms, windsheild and hatch glass trim is black, front bumper is also missing the rubber trim. One picture shows a black outside mirror on the passengers side.

Someone registered on ebay should put in some negative feedback on this car. He's trying to sucker people into buying it ahead of a phantom collector. I'd consider myself as a collector of sorts and I wouldn't touch that car for much over the current bid.

You guys are right. I've seen two of the Nissan restored Z store cars and this one sure isn't one. They were done to a very high level, truely near perfect. This one has far to many hack jobs on it to qualify or even come close.

I hope there is some way out of the deal when you buy a car over ebay and you get there and it turns out to be a POS. If people are bidding over 5k for this very average car, maybe I should be selling mine there too - it should a least get twice that price. WC Fields said it best....

What is really sad about the car is the fact that people have actually posted bids! Guess they don't know much about Z's or they have more dollars than sense! Thank you for for telling ebay about the seller, I haven't dared to register on ebay, I would be toooooo tempted! I have enough sitting in my garage now.

Last night I stumbled across this forum and read all the letters about the the scam resto --(I had seen it myself - and thought it was bogus- but had failed to notice all the flaws)- so I emailed the high bidder just in case he was unaware that he was about to buy a p.o.s. fake resto

-- thought I would post his response:

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you. Just to

let you know how stupid I am, I also currently own 1

of the 40 vintage z program 240z. When I finally look

closely and asked the seller I then realized that it

sure is a fake. I read your e-mail just right before

I send my downpayment in the mail. Again, thank you

very much.

Glad someone thought to do that, it never crossed my mind. Sadly someone probably got taken on it. I hope the seller gets what he deserves, and finds it difficult to pass off another fake! I guess that is one of the reasons I only look to see what is being offered on ebay, I don't think I am trusting enough to bid on something on the other side of the country without being able to look at it closely. Perhaps ebay should put a banner on their site that says Caveat Emptor!!!!