IGNORED

1973 240Z Heater Control Panel

Halvernaz

So there are 3 control levers with 4 control cables.

20220218_180602.jpg

The top lever has two cables. One of the cables goes off to the right. It moves when moving the top lever between Off and Vent. The other cable goes off to the left and moves when moving the lever between Vent and Heat.

The middle lever for the temperature control goes to the right and connects at the watercock at the heater core.

The bottom lever goes over to the left and connects near the door that covers the footwell vent. It moves when you move the lever from Def to Heat.

Here's a backside view of the control panel.

image.png

Sorry I couldn't get a better photo. At least you can see a couple of the cables.

Here is the fresh air (Off to Vent) connection. It's up near the firewall in back of the fan box and is probably obscured by the glove box. (I removed the glove box recently.)

20220218_175923.jpg

Here is the Vent to Heat actuator. It is on the drivers side above the hose that goes to the side vent.

20220218_180823.jpg

Here is the cable connection at the watercock. It is on the passenger side near where the heater hoses come through the fire wall.

20220218_173055.jpg

Finally, here is the cable connection for the Def to Heat lever. It is on the driver's side near the firewall where the door for the heated air vent is.

20220218_180736.jpg

Does this give you what you were looking for?

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
1 minute ago, Tirnipgreen said:

So I wonder what the two threaded holes are below the fresh air damper cable clamp behind the glove box on the right of the blower motor...? A/C stuff...?

That is a good question. I'm curious too. 

Here are some picture of the holes. 

20220218_175923.thumb.jpg.a0b11cf0f6ae13627aa6cf4d416b3d01.jpg

IMG_7090.jpg

10 hours ago, Tirnipgreen said:

So I wonder what the two threaded holes are below the fresh air damper cable clamp behind the glove box on the right of the blower motor...? A/C stuff...?

Yes, nascent factory AirCon-related mounts and fixings. 

8 hours ago, Tirnipgreen said:

Maybe something for RHD cars...?

RHD heater/blower layout is handed differently than LHD layout. In RHD layout the main heater box has the fan duct on opposite side to LHD layout, so you cannot use RHD version on LHD car and vice-versa.

Japanese market got option of factory air conditioning from 1969, so the non-AirCon RHD systems have prep for mounting the extra AirCon-related components. LHD-specific components appear to have some of the same prep. 

Here is an illustration of the RHD factory AirCon from the 1969 'Z1' Nissan 'Servce Shuho' booklet:

SS-Z1-p183.jpg

• Like 4