Wheel wrench styes - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Wheel wrench styes

Featured Replies

I have two different style wheel wrenches, both fitting the stock Series 1 lug nut.

Wheel wrenchs 14.jpgWheel wrenchs 2.jpg

As you can see, the primary difference is the position of angle tip, one parallel (top) one perpendicular (bottom), to the handle.

Most 240Zs appear to have the bottom style.

Does anyone know the model year application to both top and bottom styles?

Thanks,

Keith

Edited by zed2

2 hours ago, zed2 said:

 

Most 240Zs appear to have the bottom style.

Does anyone know the model year application to both top and bottom styles?

Thanks,

Keith

 

My 4/1971 Z has the bottom style.

This is interesting, my 01/70 has parallel, 06/72 has perpendicular. Both have letter “ NISSAN “ in the Nissan hamburger mark .

Kats 

  • Author
20 minutes ago, kats said:

This is interesting, my 01/70 has parallel, 06/72 has perpendicular. Both have letter “ NISSAN “ in the Nissan hamburger mark .

Kats 

Kats,

I had to edit the descriptors to better represent the position of the tips.

So to clarify, your 01/10 has the top style, your 06/72 has the bottom style?

Thanks,

Keith

My early '72 has the horizontal hubcap popper as shown in the OP's pictures. I guess it's actually perpendicular with the wheel nut end. Easier to pry with the later style.

.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author
16 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

My early '72 has the horizontal hubcap popper as shown in the OP's pictures. I guess it's actually perpendicular with the wheel nut end. Easier to pry with the later style.

.

Cliff,

So to clarify, your 06/72 has the bottom style?

Thanks,

Keith

40 minutes ago, zed2 said:

Kats,

I had to edit the descriptors to better represent the position of the tips.

So to clarify, your 01/10 has the top style, your 06/72 has the bottom style?

Thanks,

Keith

Hi Keith , sorry for my poor English skill , I want to say my 01/70 is like the bottom, 06/72 is the top . 
I like these topic ! 

FE11F1F0-178F-43E1-8CB3-4899F146DC08.jpeg

AF0980BE-210A-4DFD-A014-9430C4FA2D5F.jpeg

9 minutes ago, kats said:

Hi Keith , sorry for my poor English skill , I want to say my 01/70 is like the bottom, 06/72 is the top . 
I like these topic ! 

FE11F1F0-178F-43E1-8CB3-4899F146DC08.jpeg

AF0980BE-210A-4DFD-A014-9430C4FA2D5F.jpeg

Your english is great! Compared to my Japanese but the dates coincides with what I have.

The dates you have written on your pictures.

Edited by siteunseen

Hey @kats what's the vin number on your June 1972 240Z? If that's not too personal. Mine was built then too and it's HLS3069??? someting. I'm just curious. Thanks buddy! 

Cliff

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.