IGNORED

12V for fuel Pump

Jarnved

The 240Z's all came with wiring for an electric pump in the wiring harness. The wires at the tank should be just hanging out of the same bundle as the fuel tank level sending unit. There's a plug up either under the console as shown in the picture in this thread I've linked or in a wire bundle wrapped in a naugahyde boot just in front of the console in the passenger foot well. My conversion to an electric fuel pump starts at post 52 in the linked thread. The plug should be wrapped in blue tape. A wire bridge on that plug will power the circuit for the fuel pump when the ignition is in the Run/Start positions. You should use something like an inertia switch in that jumper loop to cut power to the circuit in the event of a crash.

• Like 1

....now the electric pump is mounted and then I will keep the mech.pump sitting on its place to keep the look original.

Is that possible just to let it sit without dismantle some part from the pump or should I do something else?

Sorry my bad english.

image.jpg

• 3 months later...

Now it works great with the electric pump but after a ride today there was a mess with oil on the engine, filter, generator, the whole right side of engine and I discover oil is coming from the mech fuelpump, from a little hole on the side of lover body on fuel pump pointing backwards just beside of one of the screws which hold the pump to engine.

I just left the mech pump on its place so it looks original. 

Why is there oil coming out from there?

Hi Steve

thanks for the picture.

That little “mushroom” look a like, sitting near the hole for bolt to engine are obviosly missing on my pump because there are only a little hole where the oil is dripping from.

You could even draw on SteveJ's picture.  Do something.  There's a lot of different mushroom shapes out there.  Might be that the diaphragm has blown and since there's no fuel passing through the pump it lets oil leak out.  When fuel is flowing sometimes they leak fuel in to the crankcase.

image.png

image.png

• Like 1