IGNORED

Base or standard Weber 45 specification for a 240z

I removed a high compression 280z engine which was probably in the low 200 HP range and transferred some of the parts. I replaced it with a stock 1972 240z L24 and the modifications are a ZX distributor, 6 into 2 header and triple Weber 45's from the engine I removed. My question is around the Webers. They were obviously set up for the hotter engine and I have bolted them onto the L24 and thought someone may have a "stock" configuration in respect to main jets, choke tubes, idle jet, air corrector jet etc. Current main jet is a 145. I have not had any experience with Webers but hope to be able to set this car up myself buying the correct parts.  

Sure, I will pull the rest of the jets. The car will not idle currently and feathering the throttle is required to keep it going. I have not driven the car with the current engine but I did test the engine with SUs before installing it. The 280z engine let go with a scattered #3 piston so I am essentially starting from a zero knowledge base on Webers and the current settings of the Webers. Thank you for the question so I will get to the carbs for that information. 

If it'll go with throttle try upping the throttle screw (back left of the carbie) or by screwing out the idle mixture screw (one on each side, near rear of the carbie).

The former basically adds more throttle and the latter adds more fuel for the base level of throttle at idle.

If any of the carbs were removed from the manifold when you made the transfer onto the 240 then they will need to be resynchronized. There are probably Utube videos on how to synchronize multiple carb applications using a Unisyn guage or something equal. Even with the correct main jet, emulsion tube, idle jet and venturi if the carbs are not synchronized it may run terribly or not at all.

If any of the carbs were removed from the manifold when you made the transfer onto the 240 then they will need to be resynchronized. There are probably Utube videos on how to synchronize multiple carb applications using a Unisyn guage or something equal. Even with the correct main jet, emulsion tube, idle jet and venturi if the carbs are not synchronized it may run terribly or not at all.
Catch 22 is you have to get it running before you can sync it.

To sync disconnect the throttle linkage and set the throttle screw one by one. It's easier on a Weber as they aren't intertwined like SUs.

3 hours ago, Yarb said:

Good luck trying to contact those folks. A lot of horror stories on this forum related to Whitehead performance. They don’t answer the phone or emails.

They built a 2.8L motor for me a couple of years ago. It took a while, but I was very pleased with the end results! Dealing with the border was another story, but not their fault.

Whiteheads, I know them well, dealt with them off and on from their startup but in this instance I would like to take a run at doing it myself first. The carbs came directly off a running car (L28)but as mentioned about 50 % more HP than this L24 so I was told that the jets etc would likely be too large. If it doesn't work out with me doing them nothing lost. 

I still have not made it out to the garage to pull off the jets and determine what they are, busy closing up the cottage for the season and will get back to the car in a few days. I will post the specs and would appreciate any feedback at that time.