IGNORED

Fusible Links Smoking

mayolives

And as far as "spoon feeding" goes, I've had to do more with people who had "engineer" titles. At least you found the source, and as you have learned the same lesson as many of us, it's frequently the last thing we f'd with.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mayolives said:

black w/ white stripe ( has blue shrink wrap on end)... It is hot when key is in on position.

3 hours ago, mayolives said:

I will need a power source to the coil.  Some advice would be greatly appreciated.     

Use the factory ignition wire.  Black with white stripe.

image.png

I realize that I'm late to this thread, but I would like to add my experience while I recently brought my entire electrical system back on-line.  Rather than use a battery, I used a cheap 'laboratory' power supply, capable of 12 volts at 10 amps.  The nice thing is that you can put it in current-limiting mode to limit the current to, for example, 1 amp, or even less.  This can let you do a lot of testing and probing without burning things up.  It also lets you see the current draw of the working circuits.

• Like 3

The price of those powersupply's are a bit laughable,ridiculous..  For that money i only had the transformer.. and in my own made one in the 1980's there are 2! transformers.. i bet these "new" supply's have none..  My selfbuild supply does 0-30 volt 0-10 amp. and... more important... it still works after these many years.. (only once needed a new IC.  the Ua723 i believe..)

20201121_154647.jpg

I got this about 18 months ago for $64 from Amazon:

image.png

It is no longer available, but it looks like the same unit, with a different 'brand', is available for $60 (DC Power Supply Variable,0-30 V / 0-10 A LW-K3010D Adjustable Switching Regulated Power Supply Digital,with Alligator Leads US Power Cord Used for Spectrophotometer and lab Equipment Repair: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific).

All that "amazon" stuff is made with "switching" regulator..  the ingoing voltage is getting "shopped" into small peaces, It's a way of lowering voltage without a transformer.. i don't like them at all..  they say it's "durable"but they say that of everything these days.. to me it's cheap junk..🙊

I don't buy from Amazon... it's a "wrong" firm..  I like/support the small businesses on the corner more..