IGNORED

Fiberglass glove box

Seppi72

Surgery was a breeze: in surgery at 11:30 a.m. and discharged at 5 p.m.  Whatever surgical pain I have is no worse that what the joint pain was beforehand -- and at least I can look forward to this pain going away.  Getting around the house just fine without a walker but have one for outdoors.  Hoping to be in my shop media blasting a rear strut by the weekend as my Eibach springs will be getting here on Friday so I can start to assemble those bits.  Techno Toy Tuning rear suspension parts arriving this week as well.  Those will likely have to wait for a January install when I can easily get up and down from a creeper.  Goals, goals, goals.

Looking forward to seeing your lay-flats and if and how they might differ from what ETI4K has done.  They'll probably be with a millimeter of each other.

• Like 1

I just finished uploading the 3D model and flat templates. The cad model is in step format (and 3D pdf). It was created using Solid Edge version 2020. The flat templates are exported to .dwg and .pdf formats. I was not happy with the result of the formed upper corners (modelled quick and dirty, LOL) so I included a scanned tracing of an original part.

• Like 1

You're welcome @Seppi72. My plan, as mentioned previously, was only to make a 3D cad model and 1:1 scale flat patterns. I was not planning to create a complete set of fabrication documents. Anyone with a 3D cad package should be able to pull off any other dimensions they might need from the step file I uploaded. If anyone wants a specific dimension checked, I will try to do that if asked.

FYI, In the files I uploaded I also included a 3D pdf file that can be opened with any recent Adobe Acrobat Reader. The 3D pdf viewer allows you to rotate, pan and zoom etc. and also to see a model tree and isolate individual parts.

image.png

You can even use the measuring tools by right clicking to see the options,

image.png

Hope this helps

Cheers, Mike

Edited by CanTechZ
  • Like 1