IGNORED

How do I test power to wiper motor??

Grab a multimeter and the FSM and follow the wiper motor circuit from the switch to the motor. Establish that you have power going to the switch first. A test light is not the proper tool to use for debugging a circuit. You mentioned earlier you had a working motor that spun freely. Did you try that motor?

• Agree 1

i used to have power at the switch... but i dont see power there anymore.. but i do have power at the washer plug on the blue red wire...

fuse is ok...

my motor was not working before.. and i think after i took it apart and put together its in worse shape... i just want to know my power is ok so when i get  a new motor it will work ok..

You might read some of the Honda upgrade threads.  People have dug in to the operation of the factory motor so that they can replace it with a Honda motor.  There's probably a schematic in one of them.

yes.. i getting the honda motor over next few days... i just want to make sure my power is ok -  if i have power to blue red with key on i get power to wiper motor..but do i need  to see power at switch? how can it die from motor to switch? also  - is there a way to test the other sppeds? are those wires in the wiper plug? if i turn to high speed should i see power on anther wire at the wiper plug?

only power to blue red.... no other power on wiper plug with car on and switch on med low and hi  ... power will not show anywhere else on plug.. is it even possilble to test for power on that wiper plug by using a test light??

It has been suggested before to get a digital volt meter. Still don't have one. Can't test for true voltage or resistance with a test light. Nobody can help you fix these things from a 1000 miles away if your not gonna do what they ask!!!

• Agree 2

Not sure which side of the harness you're looking at.  Remember that the switch harness colors probably don't match the main harness colors.  Here's a better diagram.

image.png

id like to just do the honda motor swap but i am having a hard time finding instructions on a 6 wire swap.. all 240s are 5 wires and i have a 6 wire 260 plug.. any ideas.. and do i have to disconect the relay for intermitent?

does the wiper switch ground the wiper motor? so when i test it i should hook  my test light up to the + on the battery and see if certain grounds will complete the cicuit in the wiper plug???  previously i was thinking i would see power on the wiper plug --

That’s a continuity test using a meter. Are you familiar with the use of a multimeter? Again that’s the only way to get true readings.

Google a you tube video on using a multimeter. Your looking for how to perform a continuity test and dc voltage testing. That will give you help on doing tests. If you have questions after that post them here and we can help you with testing.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Shawninvancouver said:

previously i was thinking i would see power on the wiper plug --

You should see power at the plug.  Any chance you disconnected the intermittent amp?  That's what controls the power.  I think it's in that area where you were doing all of your relay work.

image.png