IGNORED

Europe/UK Z owners

Av8ferg

Hey thought I toss this out there. I’m in the UK and parts of Europe for the next week+ for work. I know we have some regulars on the forum from the old world and I thought I see if I’m going to be near any of you.
I’m currently in Nottingham, UK. Will have about 90 hrs off here for the weekend. Flying to Liege, Belgium (staying in Maastricht, Netherlands) and also have a layover in Basel, Switzerland for about 17 hrs later next week. If anyone is near those areas let me know if you want to get a coffee and meet up.
On the Covid front....Good to see the world opening back up. Stores and restaurants are open over here. Sitting in a diner now having a proper English breakfast...they eat baked bean with their eggs? When In Rome...you know the rest!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Nottingham is a pretty cool town. Lots of pubs and good places to eat. We went out tonight and the town is crawling with young women...the guy I’m flying with said there is a 1-5 male to female ratio in this city. This is the place to be if your a single guy and dangerous if your married and have a weakness for women. Went to the “oldest inn and pub in England” b4f077b7cd12d861ceddfd233ce39fc5.jpg

• Like 4

Wish I had Rudy's contact info for you.   He has a Z car restoration shop in Belgium.  He also restores early Mustangs.  Met him and his wife Irena in Branson 3 years ago.  A very knowledgeable guy.  

Zup has his contact info.  Rudy is to the left of Zup in the picture.

jim in belgium.jpg

• Like 1

So, I leave for Basel on Monday afternoon after a stop in Liege. I already did a 2 day layover in Maastricht. The city is quite amazing. Super clean, people were very friendly. Went for a nice run along the river, the views were incredible. Probably won’t work now because we land in Liege at 12:11 AM (17 June) and then get driven to Brussels where I’m staying at the Airport Crown Plaza until my flight my back to the US at 11:00am

The good news is I’ll be doing this exact trip again several times until December, I’m senior enough to win the bid regularly. We normally don’t fly our Memphis based pilots here to do these trips we have a base in Colon, Germany and we have pilots we move there for 4 yrs at a time to fly the Europe cargo. With Covid, Germany has stopped allowing the company to move pilots there, and German law requires the ones living there now to move back to the US before they hit the 4 yr mark. So we have slashed our pilots by 50% in Europe this year. Right now if you land in German from the UK you must quarantine for like 10 days. The UK requires a Covid test every time you remain here more that 36 hrs. I have to self-test and send the results to the Health Services...pain in the butt and I’m fully vaccinated?? The bottom line is Covid has disrupted our operations in Europe and so the company is getting around it by bringing pilots out here for a week or two at a time.
I will give you a two week notice before I do this again. It would be great to meet you! Won’t be working too much in July and Aug due to vacation and my recurrent training.

• Like 2

Yeah, Covid is making things tough all round. We are finally starting to loosen the restrictions. I'm so happy they lifted the curfew and started opening things up again.

Maastricht is a beutiful city, plenty things to see and do.

That sounds like a good plan. Two weeks notice should be enough to work something out. Have a safe trip and maybe we can catch up next time you are here.

• Like 2

Nottingham is a pretty cool town. Lots of pubs and good places to eat. We went out tonight and the town is crawling with young women...the guy I’m flying with said there is a 1-5 male to female ratio in this city. This is the place to be if your a single guy and dangerous if your married and have a weakness for women. Went to the “oldest inn and pub in England” b4f077b7cd12d861ceddfd233ce39fc5.jpg

When I studied in Leicester, it was known as “Babe-ingham” - we used to take the coach there on a Friday night to go clubbing for exactly the reasons you described! ;)

Glad you had a good time there! You’ve been super lucky with the weather too!
  • Haha 1