IGNORED

Parts Wanted: Trim Clips

NickF

With a bit of patience i would make 4 out of plane sheet metall myself!  140 dollar for 4 of those is a bit steep..  As there is welding involved anyway you could make them out of 2 pieces of steel.. then it becomes easy to make, make one lip and another one on top and weld them together on the chassis.. costs?  few cents.. just a few hours of creative work!

If you have one flatten it and look at the shape it has then copy that, but 2 pieces is even more easy. let us know what you made! ( Pic's !! ) 

10 minutes ago, Patcon said:

I think the reproductions are stainless and very stiff. Would be hard to diy

The original clips  are near spring steel. When they are plucked with your fingers when mounted on the car they have a high pitch (plink) if they are sound. If they make a duller sound (plunk) they most likely are cracked and won't adequately grip the finisher panel to keep it in place.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Patcon said:

the reproductions are stainless and very stiff.

Yes i know they are sort of spring steel made.. but they don't have to clamp very hard.. the backplate just stands into it and that's not going anywhere.. i think it would work.  I find it possible that you can't flatten an old one because it's spring-steel. then just use a bit imagination how it looks when flat (haha) ..  and copy it..