IGNORED

76 280Z 2+2 parting ways

bhermes

Those power the EFI harness, Both are red with the positive wire attached to the positive terminal with a fusible link in between, and the negative is supposed  to be connected straight to the negative terminal without a fusible link.  It does not look like the negative terminal is connected. 

Here is mine.

EFI battery connections.jpg

Yep, I see the negative connection dangling.  The ECU says how much and when fuel is sent to the injectors.  Without any power to it, it does nothing, Ergo no fuel.  It seems from your pictures that a good cleaning of all of those connections would be a good thing to do. I would check the fusible links also, six months in a damp environment can really mess with electrical connections.

On 4/25/2021 at 11:23 AM, S30Driver said:

On the plus side, it's one of the desirable colors, low milage if actual.

The minuses are ... it's a 2+2 which will limit potential buyers, the fiberglass body kit may not appeal to all buyers.

I'll guess at anywhere between 8 - 16k.

Was going to say roughly the same thing. Hard to get a more narrow price range since we don't know everything about the car. I'd scour the web looking for similar cars, and see what they're going/went for. Bring a Trailer is good for that since they have a graph listing all previous sales. Cleaning up the engine bay real nice and a good detailing will always squeeze out a few more bucks - usually worth the time/investment.

Sorry you've got to let her go!

3 hours ago, bhermes said:

I will try and search but I would like to clean in my engine bay area.  Any recommendations?

Thanks.

For Engine and bay cleaning saw a youtube engine detailer guy (I don't recall who) that used Super Clean Aerosol degreaser with small bristle brushes to get into nooks and crannies.  He then used a pump spray bottle of water to spray off the degreaser. A lot easier to control than a hose since hose is a little risky around the distributor.   I've done all my engine bays this way with great results.

Also, I suggest latex gloves and band-aids.  Lots of sharp corners in there.

Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 3.26.45 PM.png

I use Purple Power Degreaser and a power washer for my engine bay and engine. With my engine cold I don't worry too much about the distributor. I've had a distributor cap crack when the engine was warm, sure makes it run bad! 🤪

Edited by w3wilkes