Carb issue - Page 4 - Carburetor Central - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Carb issue

Featured Replies

  • Author

Nope if I’m in neutral it grinds so badly I can’t put it in gear 

Looks like a worn clutch or wrong throwout bearing sleeve/collar.  The fork seems to be hitting the back of the bellhousing hole.  I think I can even see a mark.

image.png

  • Author
20 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

Looks like a worn clutch or wrong throwout bearing sleeve/collar.  The fork seems to be hitting the back of the bellhousing hole.  I think I can even see a mark.

image.png

Clutch is new some cheap power torque from O’reilys. Had a feeling that it was the issue. Looks like I’m going to have to remove the transmission yet again 😞

It's a very common problem.  There is a multitude of pressure plate and throwout sleeve combinations.  Tall, short, and in-between.  The cheap clutch is probably fine, it's the combination of parts that is the problem.

28 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

Looks like a worn clutch or wrong throwout bearing sleeve/collar.  The fork seems to be hitting the back of the bellhousing hole.  I think I can even see a mark.

image.png

Can he not run the threaded rod out some more? Looks like he has some threads on the back side. 

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author
3 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

Can he not run the threaded rod out some more? Looks like he has some threads on the back side. 

I’ll max it out and see if it has any affect. 

5 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

Can he not run the threaded rod out some more? Looks like he has some threads on the back side. 

I think the fork is hitting the back of the hole at the end of the stroke.  He might have a bit more but it doesn't look right.  Should be more centered.

5 minutes ago, Alexg280z said:

I’ll max it out and see if it has any affect. 

There's a spec for the clutch pedal to the floor too.

 

  • Author
3 hours ago, siteunseen said:

There's a spec for the clutch pedal to the floor too.

 

Thank you. It’s already set at 8 inches from the wall. 

  • Author
3 hours ago, Zed Head said:

I think the fork is hitting the back of the hole at the end of the stroke.  He might have a bit more but it doesn't look right.  Should be more centered.

Looks like your observation is correct. I don’t have a helper at the moment so this is the clutch at resting 

84CF84AB-2826-45EE-ACFD-FF6EE51DB9B7.jpeg

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.