Jump to content


Parts Wanted: crankshaft pulley


Recommended Posts

We had a good conversation about damper/pulleys in the thread below.  Don't forget that somewhere along the line they moved the timing degree marks from the damper to the timing tab/plate/thing.  72 or 73 I think.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Zedhead,    Good "talking" to you again. Yes, your correct about the timing marks being moved from the pully to a bolt on marker bolted to the timing cover. I'm sure depending on "left over" parts supply the change was made in '72. Some '72's had the marks on the balancer because of the above.

siteunseen,    The balance marks on the back side were done by the factory on each balancer. Not on the engine, rod, flywheel assy. That is something SOME performance engine builders do.

Wally,    Do you still need a balancer?


  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.