IGNORED

Fan Clutch offset

Dave WM

Never mind figure it out, I see there are two styles of fans, one for the 3 row crank pulley (zx power steering) vs the 2 row. I must have picked up a zx fan at a JY at some point, had it installed on my spare engine, and was using it for a comparison to my daily. The fan clutch is not an issue at all.

Edited by Dave WM
figured it out

I am still a bit confused as a buddy sent me some pics with his setup and it seemed the Z fan (mount ring closer to the back or so it appeared) fit much better into the shroud.

I am going to pull the bottom shroud off, pull the fan, take the fan clutch off and do some measurement. My setup is stock, with a 3 row rad (after market copper brass), two groove crank pulley and the fan sits outside the back of the shroud about 1"

hmm based on the slope of the shroud on the long sides, it looks like the air would feed in at the tip edge of the fan rather than in front of the fan. I may go back to the original. going to stop by a local auto parts place and confirm the dimensions of the AZ fan to a different make, just to see if  it was shallow.

just seems odd Yarb that I needed to do this. check your distance from the front of the rad where it bolts to the core support back to the end of the shroud. Only thing I can think of is my rad maybe thinner than some others? The fan is actually completely inside now maybe 1/4 inch inboard of the shroud.