IGNORED

Gearbox bearings info

RIP260Z

I have been putting a list together of gearbox bearings I could need (for FS5C71B). It looks like the FS5W71B, FS5C71B and FS5C71A and the F4W71B all share nearly all the same Nissan part numbers give or take (e.g. 4 speed no bearings on overdrive). My question, or point me in the direction of a previous post, is what are the part numbers for the bearing in there generic form, eg. Timken 6205? There are a few gearbox rebuild threads, but I haven't seen any bearing info.

Thanks

Ian

This is the cheapest online source of the overhaul kit I have bought and used many times. 

https://www.rockauto.com/en/parts/usa+standard+gear,ZMBK104WS,bearing+&+seal+overhaul+kit,8676

All other sources I’ve bought from shipped exactly the same kit, but at higher prices. 

I have the part numbers for the bearings in a spreadsheet somewhere

Not sure if all these parts will interchange with the FS5C71 transmissions. The synchros are completly different (porsche servo type) design. I have read of people actually using modified porche synchros in the FS5C71 transmission, but never seen it done. There is a guy in Australia that did the mod for the skylines. I have his address (website) somewhere.

Thanks both. Yes, totally aware the synchros (servo and Warner) and associated bits don't interchange. Just in a fog of parts for what I had looked at so far (as most on-line info covers the Warner synchro box), and needed some help seeing the end of the tunnel.

Already have the synchro rings which is the getting harder parts to find.

Edited by RIP260Z
spelling

This company "SW Motorsports" is the one I was talking about for the porsche type synchro rings. I think he was moding the porsche rings at one stage, but thats going back a threw years now. I think he use to race skylines at Amaroo park back in the good old days of Mark Skaife and Jim Ricards.

• 1 year later...