IGNORED

HLS30-00029 1971 Sale Ad

gundee

That's crazy.  Is there a fence to be whitewashed?  Or is it today's guy?  Denver, CO.  Somebody needs to go look.  Maybe it's still there.  (I actually missed the date in gundee's post.  Where is that thing?).

Edited by Zed Head
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, gundee said:

From the 1971  November issue of Road & Track.

Look at the company being kept by Z #000029 on this R&T classified page!

• Bizzarrini GT Strada
  • De Thomaso Mangusta
  • BMW 507
  • Cord 812
  • Cobra 427 (the real one)

It would have been easy to skip over the two Datsun listings back in the day.  And $4995 wasn't small change back in 1971 (esp. in comparison with the MSRP for a brand-new 1972 Z with all the 2nd-generation upgrades).

And just exactly what does 'Positraction' mean here?  Was that a Datsun Competition Parts offering?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, gundee said:

Jerry. Did not know that was your old car. Sweet. Were you say the 3rd owner of the car?

So Les did not sell it in 2017 when it was for sale?

I was the third owner, looking at this ad. I thought I purchased it from the first owner, but I purchased it our to New Mexico from Jim Campbell in the mid-70's from an ad in Auto Week. He had raced it and it had been in the run offs it was painted in the BRE Livery when I purchased it (the only picture of it in this livery is below). Les still has the car and is managing the upgrades. I will be picking it up in March if all goes as planned. As I the car is getting another start on life as a race car and there will be more information on this in the near future. PROJECT 29

00029 BRE.jpg

• Like 4