Identify 280Z Terminal Type - Page 2 - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Identify 280Z Terminal Type

Featured Replies

  • Author

Well, I have the terminals and connectors. They look like they should work. I ordered 3 sets of 7 pin connectors and 20 male/female terminals. 

Awesome. Glad they were the right parts!

So I went back through my notes and I've purchased from Digi-key, Newark, Onlinecomponents, but never Mouser. I'm assuming I didn't go through the effort to set up an acct there, but it seems like maybe I should.

  • Author
12 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

Awesome. Glad they were the right parts!

So I went back through my notes and I've purchased from Digi-key, Newark, Onlinecomponents, but never Mouser. I'm assuming I didn't go through the effort to set up an acct there, but it seems like maybe I should.

When I found the MIC parts in Google searches that gave links to TE Connectivity (current owner of the design), those pages had links to Mouser. Now if there was only a source for the old Yazaki rectangular connectors. Anyway, I think the 13 pin connectors are available from Mouser, so I guess I could make a plug-and-play relay solution for the 78. I don't think the 77 and earlier used the AMP MIC connectors. Would you happen to know?

Now I started working on a CAD version of the 260Z wiring diagram. I'm not as skilled as @wal280z, but I need to teach myself more.

I don't know what year they started, but my 77 used the MIC mark-1 connectors.

Been a while, but if I remember correctly, that's what they used to connect the engine bay harness to other harnesses under the dash? And I think I was messing around with them for the same reason you are. Headlights.

  • Author

That's where I found them on the 78, and for the headlight relays, I was going to borrow power for the lights from the white/red wires on the ignition relays.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
On 12/24/2020 at 10:35 PM, SteveJ said:

When I found the MIC parts in Google searches that gave links to TE Connectivity (current owner of the design), those pages had links to Mouser. Now if there was only a source for the old Yazaki rectangular connectors. Anyway, I think the 13 pin connectors are available from Mouser, so I guess I could make a plug-and-play relay solution for the 78. I don't think the 77 and earlier used the AMP MIC connectors. Would you happen to know

TE Connectivity is a good source for finding the detailed drawings and part numbers. Great source.

On 12/24/2020 at 10:35 PM, SteveJ said:

Now I started working on a CAD version of the 260Z wiring diagram. I'm not as skilled as @wal280z, but I need to teach myself more.

Skilled? Thank you for the kind words, but when I did mine is was more like a paint by numbers and trace....

Call me if  you get stuck or need some re-configuring of the connector blocks. I didn't think of that when I sent you the drawing.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.