IGNORED

GLOVE BOX INSERT

Wally

Forgive my foggy memory, as I renewed mine about 25 years ago - but I removed the old insert from the front and installed the new one the same way. Don't be afraid about squeezing the corners to get the short sides to collapse inwards sufficiently and then stuff it in. After getting it through the opening in the dash, just massage the sides back to their original shape and fasten it into place. Be cognizant of the glove box light connection and corresponding hole in the insert during the process. 

Edited by Persimmon240

Options:

1. Get a a plastic 280z liner and use it. It just slips in, but needs some plastic surgery around the opening to fasten and fit it. Let me know if you want to try one.

2. Modify the 240z cardboard liner so it’s easier to remove. Slit the bottom in the center from the front to the rear, and do the same to the top or remove the top entirely. The top does nothing and you can’t see it’s absence when installed. Makes it easier to collapse it to get it in and out of the opening and to get the glove box light hooked up again.

I add a new snug fitting bottom floor panel that slips in over the cut bottom to restore the structure and to make a nice looking interior. Get creative and cover it with velour/felt or vinyl to make it look classy. Lesser mortals will use a nice wide piece of dark Gorilla tape to re-join the cut section. 

Someone should come up with a new 3d printed plastic insert box that replaces the stock cardboard that slips right in and fits without modification. Could add a USB port, LED light, cappuccino maker, BT speaker, cat carrier grooming aid.