IGNORED

Z's on BAT and other places collection

Zed Head

10 hours ago, Zed Head said:

Not your typical tow hook car.  There's a 72 under there somewhere.  There's a driving video with spooky 60's surf music.  The video seems like it's 1.5 speed, also like one of those 60's race car movies.   

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1972-datsun-240z-174/

image.png

Yeah, the video is sappy.

I see a note on the dash, "6,000 redline."

I take the engine in my race Z to 8,500.

1617080835af9309e13e0b359C63A1202-EA1F-4

34 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

Seems like they'd know that it's a Nissan 280ZX.  It is nice though that the ZX's come up with a "Datsun" search.  Easier.

The 280ZX was introduced as a DATSUN 280ZX, by 1980 the badging was still DATSUN 280ZX, but with an added note "By Nissan"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Oops.  My memory was that there was something different.  Got the times wrong.  When did Nissan stop calling any of their cars Datsun?  In other words, when was the Datsun name retired?

Wikipedia says 1986.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Datsun#:~:text=When Nissan took control of,Datsun brand in March 1986.

I should have looked at the pictures.

image.png

Edited by Zed Head

1 hour ago, Zed Head said:

Oops.  My memory was that there was something different.  Got the times wrong.  When did Nissan stop calling any of their cars Datsun?  In other words, when was the Datsun name retired?

Wikipedia says 1986.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Datsun#:~:text=When Nissan took control of,Datsun brand in March 1986.

image.png

Winki says "By 1986, Nissan had phased out the Datsun name" - from memory,  I think that is about correct.. it took several years to update all the Dealer Signs, brochures, letter heads etc. - which added to the "Brand" confusion. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zed Head said:

Seems like they'd know that it's a Nissan 280ZX.  It is nice though that the ZX's come up with a "Datsun" search.  Easier.

They will always be Datsun to me.

2 hours ago, Zed Head said:

Wikipedia says 1986.

1979/1980 was the beginning of the end, when they added "By Nissan" to the badge.

image.png

There ya go.

The seller left too many things undone and set his reserve too high.  No sale.

image.png

I think if they would have buffed the paint up, polished the wheels and detailed the engine bay and interior, it may have seen another five grand.

43 minutes ago, Racer X said:

I think if they would have buffed the paint up, polished the wheels and detailed the engine bay and interior, it may have seen another five grand.

The guy got off to a bad start and couldn't correct it.  Never got good pictures back up.  And, no driving video.

image.png

image.png

image.png