IGNORED

Spirit Garage / Fujitsubo Header Exhaust Flanges...

ollie

Nice work! [emoji106]

What you had to do to clear steering shaft makes me want to cry! I know they were designed for RHD cars in Japan but what a shame it wasn’t possible for them to make a small mod to make it easier for our lefty brethren!

BTW, I had my MSA header and all pipe work to the silencer ceramic coated. It definitely reduced temps under the bonnet and around the pipe work. Much prefer it to wrapping them and looks awesome!

The guy who originally did the Datsun Competition Header is still alive and kicking. He is currently putting a Porsche Cayenne turbo motor in a Porsche 914! He still sells his version of the Datsun Competition Header. It’s pretty cheap too. He doesn’t advertise it since his core business has become Porsche centered.

Check out MSDS in LA. Martin Schneider is his name. I bought an extra from him in case my original Datsun Competition Header ever gives up the ghost. I’ve had to repair it once so I’m a bit paranoid I guess.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AK260 said:

Nice work! emoji106.png

What you had to do to clear steering shaft makes me want to cry! I know they were designed for RHD cars in Japan but what a shame it wasn’t possible for them to make a small mod to make it easier for our lefty brethren!

BTW, I had my MSA header and all pipe work to the silencer ceramic coated. It definitely reduced temps under the bonnet and around the pipe work. Much prefer it to wrapping them and looks awesome!

Ya, that "clearance" of the primary is not one of my finer moments in messing with cars.  Anyway I now have that SG header and what I suspect was one of the last headers Stahl built that I gotta get out of my garage. Any interest, let me know...otherwise one header for each kid at Christmas sounds pretty sweet to me lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ollie said:

Ya, that "clearance" of the primary is not one of my finer moments in messing with cars.  Anyway I now have that SG header and what I suspect was one of the last headers Stahl built that I gotta get out of my garage. Any interest, let me know...otherwise one header for each kid at Christmas sounds pretty sweet to me lol

What a shame . It’s a pretty piece , but if it don’t fit , it don’t fit . Not sure how would even modify it correctly for a lefty . Maybe your fix was about it . 

The only way I can see it happening is to cut the primary or do a better job than I did of collapsing the primary and then cleaning it up.  In the end I'm pleased with the result, and the ceramic coating is awesome for containing the heat.