IGNORED

240Z Tires - 195/70 or 205/70 on 14x7 wheels

Robert Bohl

I had two different brands of 205/70 on my 76 and one set rubbed and the other didn't.  The car was slightly lowered though, and the rubbing only happened in the hard twisty/hilly cornering.  And it wasn't terrible, just the occasional ZZZT  ZZZT on a bump in the corner.

Do you think that the small change in diameter is going to have that big of an effect on revs and speedo?  Have you used a calculator to verify?  Seems like you'd barely notice.

Most people buy their tires to make the car look right.  

Here's a neat calculator.  Takes some work to figure out which boxes to check though.  It has a slider for RPM to pick your MPH.  There's a tire size input area at the bottom.  Then you have to "set" it.  But the results and graphics are fun.

https://www.blocklayer.com/rpm-gear.aspx

Edited by Zed Head

I ran 195/70x14 Pirelli tire for many years on 14X7 slotted wheel without issues on My lowered 71. Speedo was pretty accurate back then. Now we know with GPS that they probably weren’t.  Do not know the offset of  those wheels that were a dealer installed item. Currently I am running 205/60x15 on 15x7 VTO on the same setup. MPH on slightly high at the speedo. also an Close ratio 5 spd and 3.90 LSD

Which takes me back to what @zedhead said go with what looks good to you. B61A51F1-3B70-42EC-8992-14F4DA364FE1.jpegF910B850-6975-4867-9C63-953B1DAD3FF6.jpeg