Jump to content
Pomorza

Fuel Pressure regulator

Recommended Posts

Hey mates

Has anyone updated their fuel rail to something like the pallnet or similar and run an after market adjustable FPR? Which ones do y'all use? The ones I'm finding are all 40 PSI + which is ever so slightly above the stock 36 PSI.

Thanks
Cheers

 

Edited by Pomorza

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I made my on and used the '78 fpr. It has a single inlet and outlet, the return and vacuum. Up until '78 they had two inlets wich wouldn't work with a solid length rail.

After I think about it there's just the "in" coming out the windshield end of my rail. I "T" off that to the cold start valve then a hose to the return. It's in this thread below and some comments on the aftermarket fprs. Cliff

 

Edited by siteunseen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Pomorza said:


Has anyone updated their fuel rail to something like the pallnet or similar and run an after market adjustable FPR? Which ones do y'all use? The ones I'm finding are all 40 PSI + which is ever so slightly above the stock 36 PSI.
 

Are you saying that you need to use an adjustable FPR because you can't find a 36 psi FPR?  Not clear.  Most setpoint FPR's are 2.5 or 3.0 bar.  36.3 or 43.5 psi.

And you can use an adjustable FPR on the stock rail.

Edited by Zed Head

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use a Fuelab 515 series adjustable FPR with a Pallnet type fuel rail. I can run it with or without a return from the fuel rail. Pretty sure it's lower range is below 30PSI (25PSI sticks in my mind) - up to 90PSI. I currently run 3 bar on my 310cc injectors.

Edited by cgsheen1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Zed Head said:

Are you saying that you need to use an adjustable FPR because you can't find a 36 psi FPR?  Not clear.  Most setpoint FPR's are 2.5 or 3.0 bar.  36.3 or 43.5 psi.

And you can use an adjustable FPR on the stock rail.

Let me rephrase that. I've did a really quick google search last evening on adjustable FPRs for 280z. The third link down was Zcar depot which has a whole rail and FPR setup. The FPR - based on their information - runs at 40 psi. Clearly this wasn't an intensive attempt at research but I figured a few people here might have updated their fuel rails and was wondering what FPRs they use - I guess I may have asked the question incorrectly.

Cheers

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's adjustable.  I'd guess the 40 was a mid-range point or something.

So, you want the aluminum fuel rail and you're wondering which FPR to get?  You can use the stock FPR with the aluminum rail.  Doesn't look as nice but it works.

If you do get an adjustable FPR be aware that most of them leak pressure down rapidly once the pump turns off.  So restarts typically take longer than desirable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2020 at 8:01 PM, Zed Head said:

It's adjustable.  I'd guess the 40 was a mid-range point or something.

So, you want the aluminum fuel rail and you're wondering which FPR to get?  You can use the stock FPR with the aluminum rail.  Doesn't look as nice but it works.

If you do get an adjustable FPR be aware that most of them leak pressure down rapidly once the pump turns off.  So restarts typically take longer than desirable.

Zed Head. Yea I understand the fuel pressure drop after the pump is off. I run an updated EFI system so I can pressurize the system before having to start it.

Thanks for the advice
Cheers
Jan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.