IGNORED

78 280z Halo headlights

nefiwashere

With using the coil, you must use an inline fuse, or a short will stop your car dead. I will try to find another source,  but it won't be until much later today. I'm hitting the road for ZCON. 

As for the headlight adjustment not lining up, that should be part of the factory assembly. Please post clear photos. 

Go LED headlights,  reduces the current requirements to the point where relays are barely required to protect our sensitive old headlight switches.

either Dapper OE7’s or LED H4 bulbs in Hella or Bosch (or similar) housings is the way to go. 

Dapper’s OE7 (and OE5) lights are astoundingly good and look OEM.  Bright white light and sharp cut off. 2.1 Amp each on low beam.

https://www.dapperlighting.com/products/oe7

DE25D2F8-FA95-4410-9C2F-1E0A608AC538.jpeg

BTW the blurry photo is caused by extreme speed and distraction of the photographer by the beauty of the subject matter...

6C74284B-B051-47F2-86A7-7FBEE3F47F8C.jpeg

Edited by zKars
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, zKars said:

Dapper’s OE7 (and OE5) lights are astoundingly good and look OEM.  Bright white light and sharp cut off. 2.1 Amp each on low beam.

https://www.dapperlighting.com/products/oe7

6C74284B-B051-47F2-86A7-7FBEE3F47F8C.jpeg

IMHO, these look a lot more like they should for the Z.  I'd be curious to see how the other headlights look on the car though.  So, please post some photos.

Maybe we should make a Z headlight photo thread?   ?

15 hours ago, nefiwashere said:

Drivers side has plastic film.  That side the adjustment screws line up fine.

Passenger side they don’t line up.  I’ve tried making it fit but it will not sit correctly if I make the adjustment screws line up with the notched part.

5695EEFC-5124-4968-9561-5F86737C782E.jpeg

66484DC4-5C26-40A8-A50A-DFE937FF3B08.jpeg

Actually, you need to post a photos of the passenger side headlight out of the car (front/side/back). If it has two adjustment screws, then it's possibly one of two things:

1. Someone replaced the headlight in the past with a driver side headlight.

2. You somehow managed to mount the headlight 90 degrees out.

Without being able to look closely and not knowing much about your car, I would consider #1 first.

Getting back to an earlier topic in the thread, I think I found a better source for the DRLs. The washer fluid motor isn't close to the front, but you could use power from the blue/red wire, again with an inline fuse right after where you tap. That way if the fuse blows, you only lose the DRLs and you still have your wipers.