IGNORED

78 280z Halo headlights

nefiwashere

The LEDs require 2 positives wires and 1 negative wire. The Z is wired with 1 positive and two negatives. Solutions for the 240Z are fairly straightforward. You can buy the relay kit from MSA, or if you have a 72 or 73, I posted directions on how to wire relays into those model years without cutting factory wires.

The 260Z and 280Z do not present such an elegant solution. Currently, on my 260Z, I removed one of the headlight sockets and replaced it with a 3 pin connector to control the relays. I drilled new holes in the headlight mounts to wire in new headlight sockets that have 2 positive and 1 negative wire.

I am working on another solution to eliminate the extra wires that I currently have behind the headlights. However, I am still waiting on some connectors. 

Any way you look at it, it is not a simple modification. If you don't have much experience with wiring, make friends with someone who does (and who can read wiring diagrams).

Mind you, the halos may take additional wiring if they are supposed to draw from the parking light circuit.

The kit that @AZDatsun mentioned is the basis for the design I implemented.  Now I'm looking at getting rid of some of the visible wiring from that conversion, including the relays in the engine bay. It's just personal preference.

On 8/29/2020 at 5:44 AM, AZDatsun said:

I have those in my 78 but I also have this relay kit with it. Once I added the relay kit I was able to use the LED lights properly took my about 10 minutes to wire the relay kit and then the LED lights plug directly into it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174379128916

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ok ill be giving them a try, thanks for the link.