IGNORED

70 240z

cmillermorris

17 hours ago, cmillermorris said:

This 240 has a fantastic story. The original owner was one of the first Datsun dealers on the West Coast. This car was ordered as his personal car and was his pride and joy. I acquired the car through his daughter. From what she shared with me, she had nowhere to store the vehicle, so it sat out in her driveway uncovered for the last five years and spent the last fifteen in her garage. The car is in fantastic condition when you speak about being original. Now here’s what the story gets good. I got an excellent photo album with a car that has pictures of the original owner touring the factory in Japan and pictures of his Datsun dealership. The best part about the car is that it has never been registered it was always operated on a dealer plate and it’s on a MSO. This is verified by NNA(Nissan North America). i’ve owned the car for about Seven months now, and I have been slowly researching what the best way to bring this gem back to life is.

Great story is an understatement! Which dealership was it? Would love to see pics of the underside of the car when you get to it. And would love to see the pics from the album with the owner touring the factory, the cars, etc. Very nice indeed.

1 hour ago, JPeters said:

Great story is an understatement! Which dealership was it? Would love to see pics of the underside of the car when you get to it. And would love to see the pics from the album with the owner touring the factory, the cars, etc. Very nice indeed.

I will post some more pictures. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 240260280 said:

Beautiful.  Not sure if anyone mentioned but your cars is worth big $$$$ being so early. Please post as many pictures as you can!  It is exciting to see another early Z pop up!

2 minutes ago, cmillermorris said:

We agree. I think car is worth big bucks as well. I will post several pictures soon. 

I'd like to see a photo of the mirror knob. Early ones have a red dot. It would be interesting to see if 664 had this.

Also a picture of the fuel door lever. Early ones had a plastic knob.

Finally a photo of the top of the gas pedal (metal end way up). Early z's had a cable attached that ran to a fast idle  lever in the console (the missing one next to the choke lever). It was removed for safety regulations... perhaps the cable is still there?

Edited by 240260280

2 hours ago, 240260280 said:

I'd like to see a photo of the mirror knob. Early ones have a red dot. It would be interesting to see if 664 had this.

Also a picture of the fuel door lever. Early ones had a plastic knob.

Finally a photo of the top of the gas pedal (metal end way up). Early z's had a cable attached that ran to a fast idle  lever in the console (the missing one next to the choke lever). It was removed for safety regulations... perhaps the cable is still there?

IMG_5989.jpgIMG_5992.jpgIMG_5993.JPGIMG_5991.jpgIMG_5993.JPG

IMG_5990.jpg

These are great photographs.  Thanks for posting them.  I recall a conversation years ago, on a New England / Connecticut club blog site, about the factories having dirt floors.  Mike, if you're reading this, wasn't that between Gunny and Beck?  Make me smile with these pictures.

To put this in context; 1965 was the year that Ford began its assault on Ferrari.

22 minutes ago, 26th-Z said:

These are great photographs.  Thanks for posting them.  I recall a conversation years ago, on a New England / Connecticut club blog site, about the factories having dirt floors.  Mike, if you're reading this, wasn't that between Gunny and Beck?  Make me smile with these pictures.

I remember Carl Beck making the 'dirt floors' assertion with regard to Nissan Shatai's Hiratsuka plant, probably mis-remembering or misunderstanding something that Matsuo san mentioned.

Matsuo san was talking about the early days of Hiratsuka's Roadster production, and probably exaggerating a little for effect. He told me the same thing.