IGNORED

Jasper Ga

Dave WM

looking for a slower pace than Orlando area (too many peeps, too much sprawl), also always wanted to live at higher elevations. One thing I have learned is there are a LOT of chicken farms GA, not sure I want to live right next to one, but maybe that is not a big deal, just seem like a lot of folks talk about it.

Edited by Dave WM

It will definitely be a world apart from Orlando. Being raised in the south I don't know if there are more than the average amount of chicken farms in that area but I do know that living downwind of one could be a challenge to one's Olfactory system.  It's all relative.  Might smell like S--t to some but smells like bread and butter to the Poultry farmer.  All that being said, It's not too far from Atlanta and it's close to Elijay, a mountain town you've probably heard of.

I am pretty down with being around animals so doubt it would bother me. We are planning a trip up that whole area to scout various small towns. Only real needs are a good kitchen to keep the boss happy and a shop with enough room for a lift for me. Seems the biggest concession is the mountain towns are far from publix, the boss not to happy about that. Ingals shows up a lot, looks like a kind of publix (grew up in so florida, publix was huge down there).

• Like 1

Jasper seems nice. The GZC likes to have lunch at Rocco's Pub when we have drives in that area. One of my GZC friends lives in Waleska. He has restored S30s for people and is really good behind the wheel of a race prepped 240Z, too.

Dawsonville/Dawson County is a short drive away from the mountains for fun drives. Shopping choices have been improving there, too, so the boss would be happy. That's not too far from where I live.

It does not get much more RFD than where I live in nw AR.   No traffic except the odd tractor,  low cost of living,  easy drive to Zup's garage for spirited Z car talk and barbeque goodies.  (hard to compete with Road Atlanta but what the hell...)

1 hour ago, S30Driver said:

It does not get much more RFD than where I live in nw AR.   No traffic except the odd tractor,  low cost of living,  easy drive to Zup's garage for spirited Z car talk and barbeque goodies.  (hard to compete with Road Atlanta but what the hell...)

Sorry, Jim. Northwest Arkansas is nice. I have visited the area a couple of times. However, it cannot compete with Road Atlanta,  Atlanta Motorsports Park,  and Randy's garage. There is just too much good Z stuff in this area.