Clay C

Finishing Panel Clips

I was able to source 1 clip from the web but that’s all I can find. Probably a week or so before it arrives. Does anyone have any of these clips that hold the bottom of the finishing panel down? Hopefully I can find or fabricate something that will work if I can’t find any more of them. 

4B401E3D-A04E-4615-A41D-E23C333C5872.png

Are they planning on more? I may need a couple

Just got an email from them and they said they are re-stocking on those. I thought it may have been a last call item because no one else on the planet shows any listing for them that i can find.

@Patcon I was able to place an order for the other clips today. If you need them go get them! 

Edited by Clay C

7 hours ago, Clay C said:

Just doesn’t feel like 30 bucks....

26F697AA-74B5-4013-BDB3-06F1A424B2AB.jpeg

I agree but I can't make them either. I had considered trying to have a batch made but I bet they wouldn't be cheap enough to offset the time involved. Sometimes you gotta pay to play...

This reminds me of the discussion here a year or two back regarding the clips that hold the Series 1 hatch vent diffusers in place.  They were -- and I believe still are -- NLA.  One of the CZCC members gathered advance orders from a few other members and then had a batch order made by a local shop.  IIRC, the price per piece was nowhere close to $30. 

11 hours ago, Namerow said:

This reminds me of the discussion here a year or two back regarding the clips that hold the Series 1 hatch vent diffusers in place.  They were -- and I believe still are -- NLA.  One of the CZCC members gathered advance orders from a few other members and then had a batch order made by a local shop.  IIRC, the price per piece was nowhere close to $30. 

True but the hatch vent clips are much much simpler. These little finisher panel clips are quite intricate and need to be really tough and exact to work properly

One more easy question for someone. On the finishing panel topside....I had to replace the metal on the body that the panel screws down to on the top, under the hatch where it latches. How is that screwed down? Is it just sheet metal screws threaded in the body metal or does it need those little clips that are used to hold the marker lights to the body?

Well...now that I think about it the holes sit too far back from the edge for those clips.

Edited by Clay C

The factory method of securing the top of the rear finisher panels to the hatch sill is with a set of plastic rivets that are a bit smaller than those used for the interior panels. I've seen them secured with pop-rivets and screws. The small rivets are available thru Nissan parts, possibly MSA.

Just now, jfa.series1 said:

The factory method of securing the top of the rear finisher panels to the hatch sill is with a set of plastic rivets that are a bit smaller than those used for the interior panels. I've seen them secured with pop-rivets and screws. The small rivets are available thru Nissan parts, possibly MSA.

Thank you sir