IGNORED

1978 280z No Start, No fuel injector pulse

SadZGuy

Getting these things to run well is just a collection of small things.  Crank open the idle speed screw and let it run and warm up while you check things.  A piece of water hose is a good directional antenna for your ear.  If it has oil and water it will probably be fine no matter how bad it runs.  They're pretty tough engines.  Watch oil pressure and temperature.  Check your timing.  Rev the engine and see if timing advances.  You can spend hours doing "stuff".

I used to have a 6 foot piece of flexible plastic drainpipe that I put over the exhaust pipe and ran under the garage door.

Edited by Zed Head

16 hours ago, siteunseen said:

Squeaking could be the alternator belt or the water pump. Are you sure you have coolant? :ph34r:

Yep there is coolant and the water pump is new but maybe I got one with a bad bearing? It sounds like the noise is coming from the water pump area.

16 hours ago, Zed Head said:

Getting these things to run well is just a collection of small things.  Crank open the idle speed screw and let it run and warm up while you check things.  A piece of water hose is a good directional antenna for your ear.  If it has oil and water it will probably be fine no matter how bad it runs.  They're pretty tough engines.  Watch oil pressure and temperature.  Check your timing.  Rev the engine and see if timing advances.  You can spend hours doing "stuff".

I used to have a 6 foot piece of flexible plastic drainpipe that I put over the exhaust pipe and ran under the garage door.

Ok, I'm gonna try this out but I also think my temp sender might be bad as well.