IGNORED

First-time Z Owner, Long-time Fan

Welcome to the club!

Very nice looking example you have there Tom!

Please do tell us more about yourself, your Z and your life long interests.

We love photos too-----if you've got 'em, post 'em.

Thanks, Zup.

Me: Midwesterner, writer and journalist (IndyCar Series), car collector over 20 years. Started collecting (and still collect) Indianapolis 500 pace cars - actual pace cars (2), track/Festival cars (3), and factory replicas (4). Also a Jag E-Type, an Aston Martin, a McLaren 12C Spider, a 911 Porsche, a DeLorean, a Gremlin, and sundry others. 

My Z was a lifelong California car, originally purchased in Orange County. A 1971, it’s had a repaint (not bad), and the requisite rebuilds and massages. I’d wanted one since ‘72, so the 48-year wait wasn’t too bad. ?

Still looking for a few benchmark cars before my “plays with cars” days have passed me by. 

~ Tom

BFA6F44C-0218-4644-812C-D9DAD02F6635.jpeg

E49DA043-D5A0-479A-BE10-DB5FCE892921.jpeg

• Like 4

1 minute ago, lonetreesteve said:You have a very impressive car collection!  Your '71 903 Universal Blue 240Z is absolutely stunning! 

Steve 

Thanks, Steve. I have the curse of broad tastes, but the luxury to pursue some of them. 

The Universal Blue (903) color has always caught my eye. And beyond my high school classmate experience with a ‘72 240Z, one of my high school best friends came home from West Point with a ‘78 280Z.

So my inevitable affections for, and eventual acquisition of a Z car was inevitable. 

I’m here to learn...

B6193010-59F7-4577-A05F-7601F5A3DE60.jpeg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, narcoosee said:

I’m the third owner of this Z since new. The original owner had it from 1971-2008. 
Lovingly maintained. 

It sure shows. The Z found a perfect new home for that to continue.

Welcome Tom.  That is a really nice Z, in one of the best colors.  I am a little partial since my car started life in 903 blue, with a blue interior.

That is an impressive collection you have there.  The one that intrigues me is the Gremlin.  There must be a story behind that one.

Marty

14 hours ago, narcoosee said:

Thanks, Steve. I have the curse of broad tastes, but the luxury to pursue some of them. 

The Universal Blue (903) color has always caught my eye. And beyond my high school classmate experience with a ‘72 240Z, one of my high school best friends came home from West Point with a ‘78 280Z.

So my inevitable affections for, and eventual acquisition of a Z car was inevitable. 

I’m here to learn...

B6193010-59F7-4577-A05F-7601F5A3DE60.jpeg

Tom,

The last picture of your car looks very familiar. Was it on Bring a Trailer by any chance? 

Steve

6 hours ago, Marty Rogan said:

That is an impressive collection you have there.  The one that intrigues me is the Gremlin.  There must be a story behind that one.

Marty

The Gremlin is a ‘73, 3 spd on floor, bucket seats, 258 6-cyl, a/c, and great-condition Levis interior. 
it came to me from a family near Chicago. It was her mother’s car, bought after her was a breast cancer survivor. It’s a treasured car. 

AB8ADA8D-B244-48BA-9859-E6DC610EEA20.jpeg

5 hours ago, siteunseen said:

My neighbor has a Camaro like the one in your photo above. I'm pretty sure it's an Indy Pace Car too. Seems like he said they were 5 floating around? I'll try and get a picture and post it up for you. 

I’ve had my ‘69 Z11 pace car over 20 years, one of the first cars I bought as a collector. It has carried celebrities several times in the Indianapolis 500 Festival Parade. 
Chevy built about 3600 of these replicas. 
I bought a ‘67 pace car replica (about 200 made) a couple of years ago. Reportedly only one of two made w/factory air. 

13F25E04-D2B3-408E-98D2-BFDE78A452F8.jpeg

• Like 2