Pumpkin Progress Pics - Build Threads - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Pumpkin Progress Pics

Featured Replies

Thanks to all the generous and knowledgeable people on this site I've been able to make great progress on my 72 240 restoration.  I figured I would share a few pics to show the progress to date.

20190910_183125.jpg

DSC04283.JPG

Car post tear down in September last year.  Had a decent Ferrari red paint job but rust was starting to show and I wanted to get it back to a pumpkin.

DSC04376.JPGDSC04400.JPGDSC04407.JPGDSC04410.JPGDSCF4301.JPGDSCF4303.JPGDSC04372.JPGDSC04388.JPG

It had the usual rust.  I did the floors and frame rails myself last winter but I wasn't going to attempt any real bodywork!

 

  • Author

20191225_105910.jpg

Thanks to @motorman7 for the zinc plating tips and the name of a great place to get it done in AZ.  Here's a lot of shiny hardware!

 

20191115_131435.jpg20191115_131438.jpg

Bins of the rusted undercarriage parts headed for the powder coater.

20200108_193239.jpg20200115_201502.jpg

Things were looking pretty sharp post powder coating.  The PO installed Toyota four piston calipers on the front so I kept them.  

 

20200103_130643.jpg

I got all my aluminum vapor blasted which turned out great as you can see on my distributor.

 

 

  • Author

20191125_194658.jpg

Bumper pieces ready to head out to the chrome platers.

 

  • Author
  • Popular Post

20200327_165135.jpg

After 6 months at the body shop I finally got the shell home!

20200419_184319[1].jpg20200426_211732.jpg

Progress as of this weekend.  Starting to come back together!  I can never seem to get a good picture in my garage- probably a combo of the bright LED lights and my crappy 6 year old phone!

20200426_211715.jpg

Can you spot the hidden headlight relays?  I'm also running a ZX alternator so the voltage regulator does nothing more than hide the necessary diode.

More to come!!!

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

Thanks!

Putting it back together with the everything being so clean is awesome. 

Getting it on and off the trailer was fun. Basically I would jack the car up by the frame rails high enough to get it on the stands that are in my first picture. Then I would jack the stands up and insert scaffolding wheels. It was a tilt bed trailer so I could roll it off. 

  • Author

Looks like that worked just fine. Looks like a similar "before" color as mine. 

20200327_181501.jpg

Here's my stands with wheels. My daughter was in charge of lowering it down. 

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author


Here's a couple shots of the engine (mostly) installed. 20200517_081636.jpg

20200517_081625.jpg

  • 3 months later...
  • Author

Here are some final pics of my pumpkin build..I finished it in June and spent a few weeks chasing leaks and dealing with a head issue caused by my engine guy.  Everything is now as it should be and I'm enjoying driving it!

20200821_171334.jpg

20200821_171408.jpg

20200821_171418.jpg

20200821_171429.jpg

20200822_075349.jpg

20200822_075404.jpg

Great job! The feeling of driving it must be so satisfying! 

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.