IGNORED

I need some opinions on wheels!!

Oilking53

I was wanting to ask everyone what wheels they thing would look best on my all black 280z? I’m torn between the Rota Grid flat gunmetal with the black lip or the Rota Grid gunmetal with the royal lip . What do y’all think would look best?? Thanks everyone! 

F3CEAD75-5045-4DEC-A820-2A94F7DCDD65.jpeg

FFF3E7F6-6F07-470C-8A3C-A7F9F20980B3.png

2F540978-3860-41D3-BAD7-A80AD42DAFA4.png

This forum will mostly err towards the side of period-correct, so I’m willing to bet most will say to stick with the libres. If you post this in hybridz, you’ll probably get more recommendations of 17x9.5 rotas, or other modified larger wheel. What it boils down to is what you think looks best. And if you decide to get rid of those libres for other wheels then let me know, I don’t live too far from you. 

5 hours ago, Gav240z said:

I think the libre's/libra's on there look 100x better than the rota's. Just lower the ride height a bit more..

Thanks for the input, I don’t hate the wheel that are on it just thinking about getting a new look ya know . I do want to lower it and I’ve done a lot of research but still not 100% sure of the best way to go about doing it. Do you have an suggestions? I’m not interested in doing anything to crazy like coil overs etc. thanks for any advise.

3 hours ago, zeeboost said:

This forum will mostly err towards the side of period-correct, so I’m willing to bet most will say to stick with the libres. If you post this in hybridz, you’ll probably get more recommendations of 17x9.5 rotas, or other modified larger wheel. What it boils down to is what you think looks best. And if you decide to get rid of those libres for other wheels then let me know, I don’t live too far from you. 

Thanks for the advise, I was just thinking of an updated look but maybe I will put that money in other areas, lowering or 240z front bumper mod. 

Thanks for the response and the picture! I think your Z looks great! I noticed you were able to put the front center caps on your Rota’s how did you do that? I’ve read that they won’t fit on the Z’s because the front spindle is to long for the caps. 

1 hour ago, Oilking53 said:

how did you do that?

You take a hammer and tap the grease caps on the front wheel hubs until they are just flattened enough for the cap to fit over.  Also be careful which caps you order, there are a few different sizes and they all fit the wheel but there is only one style that sticks out far enough to fit over a flattened grease cap.

Yes I think the the rota Grids have a very clean aggressive look and soooo much easier to wash than the basket weaves I use to have.

• Like 1

I went with the Rota RB's (I think they're patterned after the old Minilite's) and the center caps fit fine without flattening the grease caps. I got them here, they may have two different height center caps. These are 15x7 4 offset and  I run 205/60 R15 tires with no scrub at all in my stock fenders and wheel wells. Very close to stock tire height so the speedo, according to those radar things that get set up on local streets telling you your speed, matches what the radar says.

IMG_20170709_111608.jpg

• Like 1

• 6 months later...