IGNORED

belt molding

Dave WM

Looks like I missed the opportunity by a few months to get something that would work well for this purpose. Has anyone been able to find anything recently that would look close to OE? I might go the Lowes route that CW240Z72 mentions above, but I'd prefer to have the felt backing and I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on a nice piece of rubber.

• 1 year later...

Just because there is no sense in starting another thread on this, I’ll share my experience on this.

It’s four door 510 door weatherstrip day (week actually) around here, and I purchased the replacement strips from Datsport in Australia.

http://www.datsport.com/rubbers-510-sedan.html   Part number SBO51F-14 

They are perfect fit replacements for the stock items. I must note that the 510 rubbers are quite a bit different than the Z pieces. Much smaller, and too short. so stop drooling, the Datsport parts don’t fit. 

As to the Lowes.com garage door weatherstrip mentioned above, Lowes Canada does not carry it but Homedepot.ca does! 

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/m-d-building-products-2-inch-x-9-ft-premium-rubber-weather-seal-replacement-garage-door-bottom-black/1001120751

I’m working on modify one of those heavy staplers to punch right through and make installation easy. None of the staples I’ve found yet match the 10mm spacing of the stock staple legs. I’m going to try some modern 3m adhesives and see if I can make a sandwich that stays together without staples at all. 

There sure are lots of aftermarket rubber companies that make various “Belt moldings”, steelrubber products being only one. 

And lastly, if you think even new perfect fitting seals keep water out of your doors you’re a dreamer. Slow it down, sure. Much better time spent water proofing the inside bottom of your doors with yearly maintenance and added application of spray in creep and lube rust proofers and making sure the drain holes are open. 

• Like 2