IGNORED

240sx door mirrors on a 280z

Holton

Hi all. I need to replace my door mirrors and want a factory look. I have been looking at Miata mirrors and was wondering if the mirrors on the 240sx would work. Has anybody tryed this?

I want them to sit level so the rake of the side of the door is a big factor. I know this will take some fiddling but could look contemporary and original to the car if done right.

Thanks

22 minutes ago, heyitsrama said:

maybe its just me and i dont see it; the mirrors on s30's mount to the metal on the door. That mirror you posted looks like its mounting to near the window frame. If you're able to do this it might look good, but it seems a little out of place.

I think MSA used to sell Sentra mirrors that mount to the window frame. A friend in the GZC has them. They look nice, but they are next to useless because they aren't far out enough to see the things behind you that mirrors are designed to show.

14 minutes ago, EuroDat said:

I think SteveJ is refering to these morrors from MSA P/N: 50-1160

https://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/classic02e03/50-1160

I have been looking at the Bullet II mirrors on their site, but they look like they sit very close to the door which would probably have the same poor rear vision.

Yes, those are the ones I was referring to.

9 hours ago, Holton said:

I believe if I take the time to fabricate the bracket to mount them correctly it could look original.

Tim, can I jump in here?   I think what he means when he says " factory or original" is he wants the final look to appear as if the factory might have done it, well executed and finished looking as opposed to correct for the time period. Yes?

8 hours ago, EuroDat said:

I think SteveJ is refering to these morrors from MSA P/N: 50-1160

https://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/classic02e03/50-1160

Tim, these are the grey mirrors I brought over to your place.