IGNORED

COVID-19

Zed Head

I would avoid getting wrapped around the axel about the political BS. The disdain the opposition party has for the president has blinded them and damaged their credibility. He can do nothing right and they’ll always spin a negative on anything he does. When he imposed a Chinese travel
Ban they called him a racist. That act likely slowed the virus’ spreads. Europe kept its doors open and look what happened to them. Was it really racist? People may not agree or like him but he’s the president and we need unity not partisanship right now. Both sides do this, it what they do. Don’t be fooling thinking either side is different. The republicans attacked Obama on everything he did. They win when they divide the people. Division gives them power. Unity takes it away!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

On 3/16/2020 at 2:20 PM, Av8ferg said:

So many great points brought up by Dave and ZH. There are so many factors and forces driving the way people react. The news organizations should be ashamed of themselves for stoking fear in people. I’m back in Panama, landed at 9am this morning and unfortunately I have only two English channels in my hotel CNN and Fox News. There is nothing similar in what they report. My company has advices all persons to remain in hotel which sucks because I had planned on taking the canal tour. Things are slowing to a down here too . Last weeks the roads were nuts today...not so much traffic.
People stockpile because it’s the only way they can find comfort when faced with things they have no control over. In my opinion is always good to have food in the pantry, TP under the cabinet and generals supplies, Especially if you have a family to support. People buy ammo because they fear riots like happened in LA (Rodney King) or more recently in Baltimore. You can never underestimate what desperate people will do. Our modern society has a thin layer of civility separating us from chaos. We’ve created a system that is fragile. Global food supply chain, we depend on and so many thing to make sure our stores are stocked and fuel and electricity are available. We are only 9 meals away from total chaos in modern society. I have lots of ammo because shooting is a hobby and I’m a gun enthusiast. I also have them to protect my family. I conceal carry and have a federal firearms license and can carry on all commercial aircraft when traveling. It’s great because I never have to go through security lines.
In times like these it’s important to help others, be a leader in your community and be that voice of reason around the sheep.

I live in SoCal and I was under the impression that residents of Ca. were already supposed to have extra food on hand for earthquakes.

Observing what is happening at food distribution points, could it be that people around here were...unprepared for earthquakes as well?

"We’ve created a system that is fragile". 

Is the system fragile or are the people in it mostly fragile?

Edited by dhp123166

Watching President Trump at a press conference putting forth the proposition that the government might be able to get an "equity stake" in businesses which will benefit from the proposed economic stimulus.

Reminded me of something...oh yeah , here it is;

Edited by dhp123166

Just thought I'd chime in to say thanks to everyone being responsible in practicing social distancing and good hygiene. I am getting Surgery Monday to remove my right lung due to cancer. I have been stressed about his thing exploding and overloading hospitals, but it looks like I will be in and out before things get too bad. Remember that it's the older people and people like me who you are protecting, not just yourself!!

God Speed....thanks for sharing this!

18 minutes ago, Av8ferg said:

I would avoid getting wrapped around the axel about the political BS. 

That's why actually watching those morning briefings is important.  You can see the man for what he is.  Even biased media reports don't show what you can see by watching, live.  It can't be put in to words.  He is in way over his head but won't let the pros do their job.  We've all known people like that.

Many people are getting exposed by this crisis.  Some things cannot be B.S.'ed away.

• Like 3

Regional stuff.  I moved from the Portland metro area and live in Northern Washington state now.  I can still find food at the supermarket and people are still out and about at the various parks and hiking trails.  Don't know how long it will last.   They have the spring break problem here, I see young people frolicking who don't give a crap about distance or contact.  Disease vectors everywhere, I can easily imagine a big jump in cases, out of what seems like nowhere.  But it's easy to see, walking the streets.

Saw a nice orange 240Z the other day.  The weather is nice.  Doesn't help with "shelter-in-place" at all.

1 hour ago, Zed Head said:

Regional stuff.  I moved from the Portland metro area and live in Northern Washington state now.  I can still find food at the supermarket and people are still out and about at the various parks and hiking trails.  Don't know how long it will last.   They have the spring break problem here, I see young people frolicking who don't give a crap about distance or contact.  Disease vectors everywhere, I can easily imagine a big jump in cases, out of what seems like nowhere.  But it's easy to see, walking the streets.

Saw a nice orange 240Z the other day.  The weather is nice.  Doesn't help with "shelter-in-place" at all.

17 COVID 19 cases in the county I live in.

2017 county population was 850,233.

0.0019 % of Ventura , CA. have tested positive for coronavirus.

Nobody is really talking about where our food comes from yet.  Fresh produce, chicken, beef, seafood, dairy products.  Somebody will have to address that issue soon.  Somebody at one of Perdue's massive chicken farms is going to get the virus.  What then?