IGNORED

Technical data of the car 280ZX

samuel77

Goodmorning everyone. I have just finished the restoration of my 1979 Datsun 280 ZX. Now I would like to register it in Italy and the Motorization has asked me to provide the TECHNICAL DATA of the machine in addition to the Circulation Book and the Certificate of Ownership of the previous owner. How can I do to get the technical data? Many thanks to all those who will help me in this search.

Unless there is someone on this board who is familiar with Italian motor vehicle law and requirements, your best bet is to research what the requirements typically are so that someone may be able to help you find information specific to the 280ZX.

Thanks for your help. But that's not what they asked me. They need an official certificate from the manufacturer or a responsible body that describes the technical data of the car in a single sheet. In Italy this machine has never been registered and for this reason the Civil Motorization Office does not have official data. I purchased the car in Germany but the German documents are not enough to be able to register it in Italy. What the civil motorization office asks for is a certificate of origin from the manufacturer on the chassis of my car

8 hours ago, samuel77 said:

Thanks for your help. But that's not what they asked me. They need an official certificate from the manufacturer or a responsible body that describes the technical data of the car in a single sheet. In Italy this machine has never been registered and for this reason the Civil Motorization Office does not have official data. I purchased the car in Germany but the German documents are not enough to be able to register it in Italy. What the civil motorization office asks for is a certificate of origin from the manufacturer on the chassis of my car

I converted your message for you.  Looks like a typical government bureaucracy.  Find the oldest person in the building.  They will probably know how to get it done. 

"Thanks for your help. But that's not what they asked me. They need an official certificate from the manufacturer or a responsible body that describes the technical data of the car in a single sheet. In Italy this machine has never been registered and for this reason the Civil Motorization Office does not have official data. I purchased the car in Germany but the German documents are not enough to be able to register it in Italy. What the civil motorization office asks for is a certificate of origin from the manufacturer on the chassis of my car"

Yes, seems like you need to find a senior employee there and ask them how to get the required certificate for a vehicle that is no longer in production. You need information about how this process has been carried out with other makes of vehicle; that process should work for you.

1 hour ago, dutchzcarguy said:

I've got an inlay sheet of paper in a 280zx folder with the tech. data.. but you can google it and print it out, thats the same..

Thanks for your help. My car has the chassis number HGS130158691. The motorization office asks me to supply the technical specifications declared by the manufacturer on that chassis number. I don't know where to look for this certificate. In Italy this car has never been registered and therefore for this reason the archives are lacking. Thanks again for your help.

4 hours ago, samuel77 said:

The motorization office asks me to supply the technical specifications declared by the manufacturer on that chassis number. I don't know where to look for this certificate

It does not exist.  Nissan did not produce such a certificate, from what I've seen over the years.  Nobody has ever shown such a certificate in any collection of provenance, for any Z car, even the $310,000 car recently sold.  You should just put your own document together using the pages from the front of the Factory Service Manuals and the Owners' Manuals..

A few people have responded that he's talking to the wrong person.  On the other hand, it seems possible that old cars are not allowed in Italy.  Maybe in the highly populated areas like Rome.  He hasn't really said where he is located.  Here in the States the rules can be different in the metro areas compared to the rural areas.