IGNORED

clever fuel rail location

Philip, trying to see how the fuel rail connects to each carb.  I see the runners to each carb, but where are they specifically hooking up?  Am not as knowledgeable about Mikunis versus Webers.

Thanks!

Edited by duffman

1 hour ago, duffman said:

Philip, trying to see how the fuel rail connects to each carb.  I see the runners to each carb, but where are they specifically hooking up?  Am not as knowledgeable about Mikunis versus Webers.

Thanks!

They simply have the fittings facing out toward the driver-side fender. It is so compact that the straight banjo fittings for the short stubby fuel hoses are hard to see (at end of arrows):

image.png

Edited by 240260280

Not quite sure why one would need easy access to a set of Solex or Mikunis. Once set they don't have be touched for years. It is a very clean set-up but I'm not liking the routing of the line around the left side just above the header (now fuel entering is being preheated which is great for boilers but not so great for carbs).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gnosez said:

Not quite sure why one would need easy access to a set of Solex or Mikunis. Once set they don't have be touched for years. It is a very clean set-up but I'm not liking the routing of the line around the left side just above the header (now fuel entering is being preheated which is great for boilers but not so great for carbs).

You guys are spoiled.... you gotta pull the hose and lift that whole darn lid to set DCOE floats. Once set, they are fine but no fun when commissioning...... but

if you don't filter the carb vent (as in the photo above), you will be cleaning sludge and silt from the top and bottom of the carb internals sooner than you think ?

Edited by 240260280

16 minutes ago, 240260280 said:

You guys are spoiled.... you gotta pull the hose and lift that whole darn lid to set DCOE floats. Once set, they are fine but no fun when commissioning...... but

if you don't filter the carb vent (as in the photo above), you will be cleaning sludge and silt from the top and bottom of the carb internals sooner than you think ?

Not with OER's

• Like 2