IGNORED

2 to 3 clicks when cold starting.

jalexquijano

I am noticing that everytime i try to crank the engine on my 72 240z when is cold i hear 2 to 3 clicks. I do open the choke to 3/4 but somehow i can still listen to those clicks failing to crank the engine. Battery was bought 6 months ago but i normally crank the car once a week every sunday. Starter may be failing? Once the engine cranks and i shut it when i crank again there is no more clicks as it starts up right away. Where do i check? I didnt had these problem before.

On 11/26/2019 at 5:29 PM, Mark Maras said:

No need to go any farther than your local auto parts store. Measure each flexible hose you want to replace. Add the lengths and round up to the next foot. Cut the new hose to fit and replace any suspect clamps with new ones.

Thanks Pat. How can i double check this to be sure its not another part. 

New batteries can and do fail.  I would check the battery voltage first.  You can find battery charge/voltage charts on the web.  Low horn would/could be another indicator of a low battery .  After running and shut down the battery would have been charged some and the engine is warm.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Patcon said:

All good suggestions. Start with the cheapest recommendation first

18 minutes ago, Patcon said:

All good suggestions. Start with the cheapest recommendation first

17 hours ago, Patcon said:

Starter solenoid may be going bad. They can go bad even when they sit

thanks! Just some cleaning with brass brush and battery terminal wire and everything was solved. 

20200105_150804.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...