IGNORED

Which rear spoiler

7tooZ

Here's a few I took inside. Its cold out. More of the difference between the two was my intention but I'm no photographer so I'll post them all.

Like I said earlier I like the way my car looks. Spoilers were a big thing in the '70s from what I remember. 

20191112_125231.jpg

20191112_125335.jpg

20191112_125114.jpg

Edited by siteunseen

Nice looking Z, siteunseen.  Do you ever have any issues with your front air dam making contact with curbs, driveways, etc.?  If I ever decide to add a rear spoiler, I’d want to balance it with a front air dam.

Edited by SoCalJim

Thank you Jim!

It's never scraped since I've had it and theres no damage on the bottom side of the lip so I'll say scraping isn't a problem. There's not much distance between the spoiler and the tires is all I can think of. I also use a ZX radiator which sits a few inches lower than OE. Never scraped or bumped.

I can't say anything about the actual purpose of front or rear spoilers, I just think they look good. The Xenon on front of my 280 made a big difference at higher speed lifting. I am more of a red light to red light speeder driving my 240. The 280 is heavier and handles way better up top.

20160702_093134.jpg

If you all need more pics I would be glad to post more. Cliff

Edited by siteunseen
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, SoCalJim said:

Do you ever have any issues with your front air dam making contact with curbs, driveways, etc.?  

Not the air dam but I have that 2.5" performance exhaust from MSA. It scrapes though. I have to really aware of that too, my car is lowered and when I get on a "scrape" knowing I have to keep going draws my balls inside my body. LOL

• Like 1

My driveway-to-street transition is a concern.  My wife’s Volt is low and also has an air dam.  We have to back out “just right” to avoid scraping.

As for your exhaust pipe scraping, maybe our friends in Japan (see below ?) have the right answer.

26 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

I can't say anything about the actual purpose of front or rear spoilers, I just think they look good.

I guess the air dam and spoiler reduce lift / increase downforce at each end of the car.  I’m not sure how much lift at each end of the car is inherent in the Z’s design.  For fast highway cruising or canyon carving, I wonder if the basic Z design needs these aero bits.  And, is added aero more important at one end or the other, or are both required for balancing the forces on the car?

D01FB4CA-FD86-4EAF-9072-E229F0222010.jpeg

Edited by SoCalJim
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, siteunseen said:

Here's a few I took inside. Its cold out. More of the difference between the two was my intention but I'm no photographer so I'll post them all.

Like I said earlier I like the way my car looks. Spoilers were a big thing in the '70s from what I remember. 

I really like that one too. I have same front as yours

thanks

Edited by 7tooZ