IGNORED

Wheel size and fitment stock body 240z

Blitzed

Hi All,

First of all I've read several wheel fitment threads on the site. Please don't' shoot the messenger, still confused. 

Pushed into buying wheels and tires quickly (not good). Converted to vented rotors / rear disk brake conversion and now the 14" wheels do not fit over the front calipers. This would all be ok if the car was in my garage but it's 30 miles from my home in a service garage. The shame of spending dollars and having the car towed home, just doesn't seem right. 

Please only comment if you've have a similar config listed below. Only looking for confirmation on stock body (no flares) 240Z's.

Specs: 1973 240Z with air dam (front valence removed), stock fenders, Eibach progressive springs on stock shock housings. Car is slightly lowered with the rear shock spacers installed. 

Will 15" x 7" 0 offset wheels and 205 x 60 x 15 tires fit without any issues? Need to purchase and deliver to get the car home. 

Thank you for your help,

The best fitment I've seen so far is a 205/55/16 -- which is a 16" wheel.  You can search until you're blue in the face, but, I recommend VTO or Panasport wheels.  I went with the VTO Classic-8 GTR wheels as you can see in my gallery below.  I am a bit bias toward using VTO because they give a club discount and the wheels are less expensive.

Nonetheless, I did a ton of research and the size fits very well in stock fenders.  The ride quality is not too harsh with this tire.

Good luck!

To answer the original question...yes that combo will work w/o rubbing. That's what I had with Rota Rbs and a 205 60-15 tire. Then I decided to go with a 215 60-15 and guess what? It rubs when backing up and turning. When these wear out I will go back to 205 60-15s.

Cheers, Mike

Thanks Mike and Mike, 

Just wanted to cut to point. Was not in the market for new wheels and tires. Unfortunately the disk brake upgrade (front and rear), with the 14" Western Wheels Turbines I had on the car cleared the caliber in the rear but would not clear the slightly larger caliper in the front (1/8" off).

Two options, tow the car home or pull the trigger on larger 15" wheels and drive home. All had to done quickly, not a good position. 

BTW- The original (1976) set of Western Wheel Turbines are on the classified board. Wheels are in excellent condition and the tires are brand new (less then 100 miles). Nothing like large unexpected expenses. 

Thanks again for the info and confirmation.  

Andrew  

Wheel fitment is tricky.  I have a set of 14" wheels that fit fine with the vented Toyota setup and yet other 14" or even 15" wheels do not fit.  It all depends on the shape of the face/spokes of the wheel.  I found that 15x7 ET zero Konig Rewinds will clear front vented Toyota calipers as well as Mustang GT500 rear calipers.  Discount Tire Direct sells them at a very reasonable price and has sales a few times per year with a $100 rebate.  I bought mine a few years ago for $360/set delivered after rebate.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Blitzed said:

Thanks Mike and Mike, 

Just wanted to cut to point. Was not in the market for new wheels and tires. Unfortunately the disk brake upgrade (front and rear), with the 14" Western Wheels Turbines I had on the car cleared the caliber in the rear but would not clear the slightly larger caliper in the front (1/8" off).

Two options, tow the car home or pull the trigger on larger 15" wheels and drive home. All had to done quickly, not a good position. 

BTW- The original (1976) set of Western Wheel Turbines are on the classified board. Wheels are in excellent condition and the tires are brand new (less then 100 miles). Nothing like large unexpected expenses. 

Ah, got it.  I removed my links.  Your quote "Pushed into buying wheels and tires quickly (not good). " had me thinking you were looking at buying new.  Good luck.