IGNORED

New Micro Big Brake Kit

wheee!

BAMMMM. Trigger pulled. I have SO many sets of lovely wheels that don't fit my overkill TTT BIG brake kit on my 510 it's making me mad. No more. 

Anybody want a set of Big front brakes for 280ZX? (And 510, but nobody here cares.... snifff). Gonna be available in a couple of weeks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, zKars said:

BAMMMM. Trigger pulled. I have SO many sets of lovely wheels that don't fit my overkill TTT BIG brake kit on my 510 it's making me mad. No more. 

Anybody want a set of Big front brakes for 280ZX? (And 510, but nobody here cares.... snifff). Gonna be available in a couple of weeks.

tee hee... I figured you would be on the list for the 510 brakes! lol

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

At last the package arrived and has been installed.  I used the ZX kit on my 510 with ZX struts and spindles. Great quality parts. 

Installation was a bit of a head scratcher. You definitely have to do the bolts "just so" and in the right order or they ain't going together. The bolt that attach the adapter bracket to the spindle have to put in "backwards" (in my mind) with the nut on the inside. Bit tricky to start that nut up inbetween the rotor and spindle, but it can be done. All in the name of a small caliper and tight spaces.

I was able to give them some feed back to change one set of fasteners to hex rather than socket head to aid in the assembly.

I've been able to fit all my 15's and almost all of my 14's (stock ZX alloy and standard 5 D slot mags). One set of Z steelies would fit with a bit of spacer. Can't fit a stock 13" 510 steelie though. I have a set of 13" classic  Libra's that are on another car that I pray fit these brakes as well. I know those wheels just BARELY fit stock ZX brakes, so they "should" fit these. I even have a Nissan Sentra donut spare (15") that fits! And all testing was done with NO spacers.

Got my dime jacked up a couple of inches and running a set of Yoko winter's on my Swaztika wheels.  Been out bedding the brakes and setting bias. Gonna be FUN this winter.

• Like 1

The rotors sure look like the same ones used in the Z Stage 3 Toyo 4 pot conversion that uses a four bolt Z31 vented rotor, spacer and the toyo truck wide calipers S12W. Haven't checked the PN yet, but I'll put money one it. The rotor is 270mm, pretty decent.

IMG_3173.JPG

IMG_3176.JPG

IMG_3180.JPG

Edited by zKars
  • Like 2

• 5 weeks later...