IGNORED

Cleaning up loose ends on my harness, can't figure out this blue wire!

VCAS240

Hey everyone, recently got my first Z car to restore, a 1972 240Z. I've been going through and cleaning up all the harness snippings done by the previous owner and got most of my loose ends tied up, except this blue wire. Not sure what it's supposed to go to but I have the harness stripped so I can see where it leads, which is this weird 3 way splice. The car does have dealer AC so I'm thinking maybe that? Thanks in advance!

MVIMG_20191009_125934.jpg

MVIMG_20191009_153651.jpg

I was working on a 73 last night in the same area (heater/radio area of the dash).  There were some unusual unaccountable wires.

I think your photo may show the 3 point junction below.

image.png

On the 73, there was an inline fuse holder (20A) that fed the red wire to the heater motor.

I also found two blue wires. One only had power when the lights were on.

I believe that blue wire should have a Female Bullet connector on it's end. (that's what I have in my notes) It ties to the RL (Red/Blue) wiring for the gauge lighting but I'm not positive what it connects to in/near the center console...

It will (should) have battery voltage when the lighting is on. As far as I know it would have nothing to do with A/C. My best guess would be Radio lighting...

(I just built a new 240Z dash harness and ran into this exact thing. I have pictures of the same connections from the stock harness - I had to chuckle when I saw your pics...)

Edited by cgsheen1